Montreal Alouettes teasing re-brand

Evil Doctor

I love the simplicity, it's such a step up from the cartoon bird logo. I'm excited to see the finished product. I hope they have a good colour balance with the new uniforms though, as opposed to just red and blue with minimal white. The BC Lions have demonstrated that with their black and orange uniforms that a touch of white is sorely needed when blending the two primary colours together.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the M! I love how simple it is and especially how it's ontop of the helmet rather than on the side.  It's a great feature that will give the helmet a much more distinctiveness among the others.  Almost like Michigan/Princeton's stripes or the Rams' horns.  Different in a good way is good!  The nod to the past on the back of the helmet is a great way to acknowledge the history but not force it.

I agree there needs to be some white in there.  But maybe once we see them in featured in more natural light rather than through filters upon filters we can see if the colors work well together.

Love the mark, but I think the whole package would have worked better if they stuck with the light colored helmet (and their signature jersey design).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love it. Yeah it kinda looks like Ultimate Warrior, but it’s very clearly a bird and the letter M. Clever.

It also has a retro feel to it that I love. This could’ve been something created in the 70s that managed to stick around to 2019. This will fit right in with the rest of the league and its other minimalist/timeless logos.

Looks like a bit of a faux-back that calls to mind something that would have been designed in the mid-70s. I like it, it looks very nice. The only issue I have is the terrible contrast between the colours as shown on the snippets of the new uniform that have been released to date... I'm not sure it's going to work all that well.

I'm surprised it hasn't been put up yet.

Chris Creamer breaking the news about the new Alouettes logo...

Dr0ZV8oWsAE-Ftw.jpg:large

Reposted by the CFL on their Facebook page.

I think it's pretty sweet, and huge upgrade from the old angry bird logo, which I always hated.

The downside is that apparently it's going to be worn on the top of the helmet.

tigercatssignature-1.png

From Chris's article:

One looks to be a bird in flight seen from above (or below) with the wings and body forming the shape of an “M” and the tail possibly as an “A”.

I'm not seeing an A at all.

And also not sure this will really read as an M considering it appears it will be on top of the helmets. When a player goes in a 3-point stance, it will actually form a W.

So... not so sure this is a good idea. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:39 PM, Jezus_Ghoti said:

From Chris's article:

One looks to be a bird in flight seen from above (or below) with the wings and body forming the shape of an “M” and the tail possibly as an “A”.

I'm not seeing an A at all.

And also not sure this will really read as an M considering it appears it will be on top of the helmets. When a player goes in a 3-point stance, it will actually form a W.

So... not so sure this is a good idea. 

Where did you get that it will be on top of the helmets?  That would look pretty bad if that's the plan.

Archived