Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m perfectly fine if it’s the same shade of light blue. It’s different enough from the other blues in the league, and that’s exactly what I’ve wanted them to embrace more of IF they’re not going to use teal. It’s a fine compromise color to me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m perfectly fine if it’s the same shade of light blue. It’s different enough from the other blues in the league, and that’s exactly what I’ve wanted them to embrace more of IF they’re not going to use teal. It’s a fine compromise color to me.

Exactly this. 

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I agree. This also depends on what colors they'll use in conjunction with it. If it's light blue/black/silver or light blue/silver/tiny bits of black, then I'm OK with it. If it's just taking the current look and exchanging orange for light blue with black still being the domineering color, no thanks. 

They'll make the yellow part of the M blue. The end.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think they will recolor the existing uniforms and change the primary logo. Hopefully they can take a look at that awful number typeface.

But I am very excited that the era of orange is nearing its end.

Perhaps a stop gap until a complete overhaul sometime in the future when the team is likely to contend again?

1997 | 2003

I'd like to think anything would be better than the Marlins awful logo and uniform but modern design trends continue to disappoint me so I won't hold my breath. With that being said, glad to see that ugly black and orange mess go away. 

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If it's just taking the current look and exchanging orange for light blue with black still being the domineering color, no thanks. 

It better not be this. I feel pretty confident that it's not this because it's not just changing up the logo it's "Derek Jeter wants to distance himself from Jeffrey Loria" and doing this wouldn't accomplish that.

10 hours ago, marlinfan said:

Perhaps a stop gap until a complete overhaul sometime in the future when the team is likely to contend again?

Please no. Do the full rebrand once and get it right and stick with it. I don't think the Marlins have changed "too much" like a few other teams but I do think they'd benefit from a mostly consistent look from now into the foreseeable future. 

34 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

That fish looks terrified. At the very least, they’d have to throw angry eyebrows on it.

I like the theory that the fish jumped out of the water, got stuck on the giant 'M' and is now slowly dying.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived