Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

So far, I'd have to call this an underwhelming upgrade. I love the concept, but feel they're botching the excecution.

Mostly, I feel there should be much more art deco influence. Go to any font site and you'll see there's plenty of options distinct enough from the Marlins last rebrand if that was a concern. 

Overall, as a Brewers fan, I feel for Marlins fans. I look forward to another, even more blatant instance of fans wearing different gear than the team because the team is too stubborn to give the people buying the tickets what they want.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the sake of seeing them, I took the colors out of the posted images to get a better idea of what they actually were. The red/pink is actually on the pink side of red if one were to look at the hex code. Now, I fully admit that the colors are just based on what's in the image and are not the actual Pantone/official colors. But I think it helps to see them this way.

marlins18colors.png

Oh geez... the same IG account that leaked the first logo, which I did admit was unreliable, has now stolen one of the jersey concepts I put up on these boards and made a post saying it was a leak of the possible jersey... I said from day one that it was just done by a friend loosely playing with photo shop so I know for sure it's not legit.

Now if they took that and thought it was legit we once again have to question if the original leak was BS to begin with. 

Crazy how social media works. 

38 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

How hard can it be for them to have a refresh of this like the Blue Jays did?

They can do it but they're choosing to do something different. Jeter wants to create his own brand of the Marlins from now on. Something that people over time will look back on and say "Oh those were Jeter's Marlins" the way other teams have eras/brands recognizable by key owners and/or GMs or even field managers. 

I don't think that original Florida Marlins brand is quite as strong as the old Blue Jays brand they refreshed.  There are too many fundamental problems with it, from the 90s swoopy wordmark to the pointless extra outlines around the numbers to the cap logo with the wrong initial.

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I don't think that original Florida Marlins brand is quite as strong as the old Blue Jays brand they refreshed.  There are too many fundamental problems with it, from the 90s swoopy wordmark to the pointless extra outlines around the numbers to the cap logo with the wrong initial.

It hurt me to hit like on this post but it was too true to not like. 

I'd love to see a Florida Marlins refresh but I'm also more than ready for the complete rebrand that's coming. It's almost like they're doing a reboot on the Miami rebrand that was botched seven years ago. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The 1993-2002 Marlins wordmark is awesome.

5 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Just for the sake of seeing them, I took the colors out of the posted images to get a better idea of what they actually were. The red/pink is actually on the pink side of red if one were to look at the hex code. Now, I fully admit that the colors are just based on what's in the image and are not the actual Pantone/official colors. But I think it helps to see them this way.

marlins18colors.png

Nintendo-Switch-Console-Docked-wJoyConRB

spacer.png

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Oh geez... the same IG account that leaked the first logo, which I did admit was unreliable, has now stolen one of the jersey concepts I put up on these boards and made a post saying it was a leak of the possible jersey... I said from day one that it was just done by a friend loosely playing with photo shop so I know for sure it's not legit.

Now if they took that and thought it was legit we once again have to question if the original leak was BS to begin with. 

A friend of mine linked me that instagram post and I quickly corrected him saying it was just a random concept from here, the uniform at least

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not baseball related but i made some Houston Texans concepts a while back and I recently came across a fake jersey site selling them. Pretty surreal. 

6 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

When did teal make such a big comeback? I remember when it used to be dismissed as dated 90s "coolness." 

Loria believed this and its possible current ownership agrees with it. I think people are attracted to its uniqueness and its difference from almost every other team's colors. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Loria believed this and its possible current ownership agrees with it. I think people are attracted to its uniqueness and its difference from almost every other team's colors. 

That would have made sense before it became the hottest color of the 1990s, used by at least one team in every league. 

Archived