Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I was anticipating more of a coral or salmon shade than that red. This doesn't look that much different from any other red and blue team when I see the colors together. Now I'm really hoping for a very limited red trim, and plenty of that distinct blue. 

5 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

That looks like someone painted the green wall blue in Microsoft Paint on a Windows 95 machine.

Yep, the blue wall also looks photoshopped to me. I wonder why he would even do that other than perhaps to tease people with planned changes. Most people would have expected them to get rid of the green walls, which are pretty blatant symbols of the Loria era.

Many of the ballpark changes seem to be for the better, but I am concerned that they are going to be ripping out too many seats in the lower bowl that aren't part of the Diamond Club. One could easily say that the Marlins have plenty of empty seats to spare, but I would hate an outcome where non-luxury seats behind the home or visiting dugouts become scarcer or more expensive. Not everyone wants to stand in the outfield for the whole game or spend wads of cash on some kind of excessively opulent seating area.

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Looks like a black number, blue outline, red drop shadow.. My first thought is that this is a 2, but could be 7 as well.. 

It looks exactly like a MLB Block 7 would look if it was black with a blue outline and red south-shadow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If my assumptions are correct it looks like the current colors in use.

Blue - Pantone 3005C

Red - Pantone Warm Red C

The red has a pink hue to it and is actually a nice color combo with the black. It maintains the Miami Vice vibe but not too drastic. 

106zm7d.png

3 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Yep, the blue wall also looks photoshopped to me. I wonder why he would even do that other than perhaps to tease people with planned changes. Most people would have expected them to get rid of the green walls, which are pretty blatant symbols of the Loria era.

Many of the ballpark changes seem to be for the better, but I am concerned that they are going to be ripping out too many seats in the lower bowl that aren't part of the Diamond Club. One could easily say that the Marlins have plenty of empty seats to spare, but I would hate an outcome where non-luxury seats behind the home or visiting dugouts become scarcer or more expensive. Not everyone wants to stand in the outfield for the whole game or spend wads of cash on some kind of excessively opulent seating area.

If the walls were changed it must have happened over night because they were green on Sunday. I really hope the green is gone, that blue would be nice, or even black with a blue foul line on top.

Archived