Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

Marlins President of business operations Chip Bowers, one of the top guys in charge of the off field stuff which includes the ballpark renovations and the uniform rebranding was asked why not stick with the teal and black color scheme and he said the teal and black was a good representation of "Florida then" but that now they're aiming to represent "Miami today."

Whether you agree with that phrase or not I think it shows what this new ownership and front office is trying to do and that's to reshape and rebrand this damaged franchise's image and culture towards the present and the future and not just rehashing its past.

He also used this phrase when speaking of everything from ballpark aesthetics to food and concessions and not just the logos and uniforms. 

I give them major credit for taking that path. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Wasn’t that logo confirmed to just be a fan concept? Posted on this very board if I’m not mistaken?

No. It was posted in an Instagram post alongside a fan concept jersey that came from this board but the logo itself wasn't a concept. That logo can actually be seen outlined in one of the Our Colores murals so it's legit. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

No. It was posted in an Instagram post alongside a fan concept jersey that came from this board but the logo itself wasn't a concept. That logo can actually be seen outlined in one of the Our Colores murals so it's legit. 

I thought one of the MB folks drove over there and said the logo wasn’t actually on the mural. I can’t keep up with you people.

ClAFLDa.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

I thought one of the MB folks drove over there and said the logo wasn’t actually on the mural. I can’t keep up with you people.

In that mural it isnt up yet and someone photoshopped that logo onto the mural. In another mural the logo isnt there but u can see the outline shape of where the logo will eventually be painted. But either way the logo itself is real it just hasn't been painted on any murals as of yet. 

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

To me it's very fake. The dead giveaway is that when I open MLBshop.com the team selection screen is a vertical list of team names and logos. Not a grid of logos like the one shown. So, not only it's a bad Photoshop of the site but an atrocious logo. 

10 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

To me it's very fake. The problem that I have is that when I open Fanatics.com or MLBshop.com the team selection screen is a vertical list of team names and logos. Not a grid of logos like the one shown. 

If I go to mlbshop.com on a mobile device (in this instance an iPhone SE), this is exactly what it looks like, other than it has the current logo at the moment.  I was going to upload a screenshot, but it appears I can only upload via URL and if I do that it won't be the mobile version, thereby defeating the purpose of the upload.

EDIT:  I'm not saying that makes it real, just pointing out that I get this layout on mobile.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

1 minute ago, CardsFan79 said:

If I go to mlbshop.com on a mobile device (in this instance an iPhone SE), this is exactly what it looks like, other than it has the current logo at the moment.  I was going to upload a screenshot, but it appears I can only upload via URL and if I do that it won't be the mobile version, thereby defeating the purpose of the upload.

Got it working. And I can see the grid-like icon selection. But still that's one ugly logo. The one with the dark M is similar but a slight improvement. 

31 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

In that mural it isnt up yet and someone photoshopped that logo onto the mural. In another mural the logo isnt there but u can see the outline shape of where the logo will eventually be painted. But either way the logo itself is real it just hasn't been painted on any murals as of yet. 

Well that’s disappointing. I desperately want that to not be the logo. It’s 2011 all over again for me.

Also can you post the mural in question? I couldn’t find it between all the posts of people insulting Larry’s virginity.

ClAFLDa.png

33 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Also can you post the mural in question? I couldn’t find it between all the posts of people insulting Larry’s virginity.

Pages 110 and 112 of the New Logo thread over there has the photoshopped mural. A few pages later is the one with the outlined logo. Don't be lazy go check it out. 

I haven't been keeping up with the overall opinion on this, but I'm really not a fan of the logos (assuming they are in fact legit). They look like a decent looking fan made concept, but not a clean professional identity. It just looks like they made a fish and made a wordmark, then slapped one on top of the other (and hey, we can add a baseball, too!). It's not exactly cohesive.

I do, however, like the color scheme, and I think the uniforms have potential to be solid.

Archived