Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

30 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Not familiar with this account, but they seem to have a solid following. @SilverBullet1929?

Total BS account that buys followers, completely uncredible... with that said I don't know where they got that image from so it could still be real. Kinda hoping it's not. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, daveindc said:

Not familiar with this account, but they seem to have a solid following. @SilverBullet1929?

My first thought was it may be a Morehead City Marlins logo recolored, but I was mistaken:

6977_morehead_city_marlins-cap-2010.png

In doing a google image search of “Marlin logo”, I cant find anything that looks like that and could’ve just been stolen and recolored. I’m not at all jumping on a “this could be it” wagon, but I’m still really wondering where this would’ve come from. 

What makes me really hesitate to buy it is that in honestly looks like something designed in the late 2000’s to me, which made me think it was a logo that already existed and the only other Marlins team I could think of is Morehead City (unless there’s a small university/college nicknamed Marlins I’m unaware of). 

What does get me wondering just a tiny bit, however, is the color scheme: it does look like the light blue with black, and if that’s a kind of pink I’m seeing, that’s kinda Vice-ish if you ask me. Not exactly the right colors of course, but close enough for me to make the initial connection. With the Heat going Vice crazy lately, it’s possible the Marlins could piggyback this go-around with their own version.

But again, that’s purely 100% just throwing something out there and thinking out loud. I’m not really buying it outright right now, I just find a couple of things interesting about it is all. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Possible Leak of New Miami Marlins Logo for 2019

October 17, 2018 - 02:34 AM

An image was uploaded to Instagram Tuesday night which appears to be a leak of the new Miami Marlins logo for 2019. The logo was included on a Miami Marlins 2019 Spring Training logo, the new Marlins logo small and […]

Read More...

I’d say it pretty much looks like a perfectly equal compromise of the previous two brands—a lot of the curved & pointy lines of the inagural set, with some of the art deco minimalism incorporated from the 2012 rebrand. In that sense, this was a good approach to take.

If this is really the new logo, I’d say I like it, but like always we’d have to see the full thing before making a final judgement on it. I do hope the secondary color is closer to a pink/magenta and not a maroon, as that would be random and too Phillies-like to me.

Archived