Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it! The cap logo is more impressive than the primary, but the primary is solid. I actually like the laces because it calls back to the original logo, and combines with the last logo’s Miami nightlife colors.

I don’t get why they teased the uniforms if the reveal is actually tomorrow but whatever. The number font looks pretty good though. That logo reveal video was pretty dope as well. I think they nailed this part, and hopefully the uniforms are good too.

I think a plan MLB block would be better, but will wait to see it in context.  Not every element needs to be a "font".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wish they went with blue/red batterman on the black hat. 

Hat logo looks a little small too. I wish the body of the marlin was just a bit bigger.

Numbers look cool.

Gut geeling says ST hat will be blue with a white front panel and red or black brim. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the identity, especially the use of the Miami Vice-esque "colores", but, echoing what others have said, there's too much black on the overall graphics package. Also, the baseball seams on the primary logo are unneccessary. The marlin and the wordmark alone are enough.

59 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

I cannot separate The M with the Marlin logo from the Brewers' M logo in my mind..

Too much black, but an upgrade - I hated that last set.

I hated their last primary logo with the multicolored M and that thing idk for sure what it's supposed to be. A fish tail maybe...

So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. It's A LOT of black, but it's unique and they can own this look. My guess is the black alternate will become a Top Seller. With that being said, I'm skeptical of the Home and Away unis. Not sure how good this will translate to the plainness of traditional white and grey baseball unis.

12 minutes ago, Olmec said:

So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. It's A LOT of black, but it's unique and they can own this look. My guess is the black alternate will become a Top Seller. With that being said, I'm skeptical of the Home and Away unis. Not sure how good this will translate to the plainness of traditional white and grey baseball unis.

What I found so disappointing about the last set was how they didn’t try to break new ground with the plainness of traditional uniforms. The logo and wordmarks were unusual, but they stuck them on jerseys and pants with traditional piping. Missed chance. 

One of the greatest rebrands of all time -- from an absolute dumspter fire to a brand that is beautiful, distinct and true to the city/identity. 

The color adjustments on both the teal and the orange are improvements in my opinion, and I love the way they blend and pop off the black. Much like what we have gotten with the Heat's city uniforms and even the new Miami MLS club ... Miami has found its aesthetic, and it's fantastic. 

These, plus the aesthetic improvements to the stadium, are so welcomed by this Braves fan

Archived