Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised that one of the big 4 pro sports teams used cyberpunk colors for their new primary uniforms, and that everything fits organically.

1303_miami_marlins-primary_on_dark-2019. 

363742192019.gif

Not only are the logos well designed, the overall colors were well chosen, the tropical secondary colors are just right for that region in Miami. And on top of all that, the script is a nod to very early team history, which is another really cool feature. If they can make this whole scheme work as well as it does, the jersey designers deserve a round of applause. 👏👏👏👏👏

54 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Don’t know if this is legit or not.

That's definitely the team store and matches up with what I've been told. Looks legit. The stripes/pipping seem to be lost in the crappy quality of the pic.

40 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Don’t know if this is legit or not.

That shade of blue looks fantastic. Everything else about these is incredibly boring. No front numbers, no collar or placket piping, no sleeve patch. The wordmark doesn't even use the marlin on the M. There's nothing. They make a big stink about their "colores" and they barely even use them in any meaningful or interesting way.

spacer.png

Just now, burgundy said:

That shade of blue looks fantastic. Everything else about these is incredibly boring. No front numbers, no collar or placket piping, no sleeve patch. The wordmark doesn't even use the marlin on the M. There's nothing. They make a big stink about their "colores" and they barely even use them in any meaningful or interesting way.

Those look the the generic ones that go on sale to the public. Would be nice to have a front number or something

8 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Exactly. "Our colores" but let's go with minimal piping, a black wordmark and a black on black alt. Considering the blue jersey is most probably a BP one only, the actual game uniforms feel drab as hell...

I get that I'm in phone and the photo is low-res, but I see a plain white jersey with a plain black wordmark. And we've seen from the teaser images that the white jersey uses black numbers. So what we've got is a uniform that, from any distance, is basically devoid of color, and a marketing campaign that puts all its emphasis on color. Par for the course from the Marlins.

Anyway, here's to six years of the Concepts Forum finding a thousand different ways to implement this better than the team actually will.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 minutes ago, zoogs44 said:

Can't really tell with the photo quality, but to me it doesn't look like there is a road gray in that pic? And are they doin the Texas Ranger thing with no team nickname on the home jersey?

I'd say the road gray should be a carbon copy of the home white. Piping and wordmark are consistent on the home and black jerseys...

20 minutes ago, zoogs44 said:

Can't really tell with the photo quality, but to me it doesn't look like there is a road gray in that pic? And are they doin the Texas Ranger thing with no team nickname on the home jersey?

I think in this case it’s a good idea. As with Texas, the location is a better sell than the nickname.   They are branding themselves for the city, so that’s what should be on the home jerseys. 

Having said that, plenty of people will probably flock to the color jerseys so there will be plenty of marlins wordmarks around. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Wait a minute, where's they grey road jersey?

Will there be any at all?

There will be one, but they might never wear it except for the all star game.  I don’t keep track but I think for the last rebrand they rarely wore the grays.  

But there will be gray jerseys and for sure gray pants to wear with Road colors 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

24 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I get that I'm in phone and the photo is low-res, but I see a plain white jersey with a plain black wordmark. And we've seen from the teaser images that the white jersey uses black numbers. So what we've got is a uniform that, from any distance, is basically devoid of color, and a marketing campaign that puts all its emphasis on color. Par for the course from the Marlins.

Anyway, here's to six years of the Concepts Forum finding a thousand different ways to implement this better than the team actually will.

Guilty as charged :D

Was just thinking... the Marlins might have been a good team to bring back the blue road uniform.  Make it a little lighter than the blue in their logo, but that black+orange/red/salmon/whatever wordmark would look pretty good against it.  They'd still be able to wear the black alt with those pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived