Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

1 minute ago, Marlins93 said:

I disagree mostly because simple signage would have been just as drab and sterile as what they are installing now. That vibrant color scheme at least helped you forget a little bit that you were watching baseball indoors.

I was never high on the bright colors, to me it looked cheap or child like. Having the simpler/neutral colored floors and walls would help the team colors pop in whatever signage they put up around the park. I'd rather them focus on the team colors then random primary colors that have nothing to do with anything. I really hope they open the roof more often or the glass wall at least. It was feeling more like the Trop. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I was never high on the bright colors, to me it looked cheap or child like. Having the simpler/neutral colored floors and walls would help the team colors pop in whatever signage they put up around the park. I'd rather them focus on the team colors then random primary colors that have nothing to do with anything. I really hope they open the roof more often or the glass wall at least. It was feeling more like the Trop. 

Do parks ever feature much signage displaying team colors on the concourse? I feel like I've never seen anything like that before. I also found the use of primary colors to be very fitting of Miami and the park's contemporary design.

10 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Do parks ever feature much signage displaying team colors on the concourse? I feel like I've never seen anything like that before. I also found the use of primary colors to be very fitting of Miami and the park's contemporary design.

This past year I went to Suntrust Park and it very much felt like you were the home of the Braves. Lots of logos, red and blue accents everywhere on a brick and neutral "canvas" of the stadium. I went to Citi Field a few years ago and there was plenty of orange and blue everywhere. Many complained early on there was a lack or team colors since most of the stadium was brick, black metal etc. They've since done a great job emphasizing the team. 

When I've gone to Marlins park it doesn't feel like the Marlins home, it feels like a cheap mall. Seeing some neon blue/pink/red around the park should help and create a brand for the new Marlins. 

First reaction is that the removal of the colored floor and wall tiles is a downgrade but I'll have to see it with the finished signage with all the new logos and colors. It's possible that they just wanted a more neutral setting for the new colors and signage to pop off from.

The previous tiles were definitely unique but they kinda looked like you were in a Chuck E Cheese or a Toys R Us... there is such a thing as too many colors in one place. 

MS2_Scavo-075v2.png

miami-082.jpg27262821836_95fd747f9b_b.jpg

9_3_empty-upper-level-concourse.jpg

Miami25.jpg

imgcasestudymarlins04.jpg

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

First reaction is that the removal of the colored floor and wall tiles is a downgrade but I'll have to see it with the finished signage with all the new logos and colors. It's possible that they just wanted a more neutral setting for the new colors and signage to pop off from.

The previous tiles were definitely unique but they kinda looked like you were in a Chuck E Cheese or a Toys R Us... there is such a thing as too many colors in one place. 

1,000 times this! The Toys R Us definitely nailed it 

9 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

1,000 times this! The Toys R Us definitely nailed it 

Man I was only trying to be funny with the Toys R Us line but then out of curiosity I looked up an image of the store and what do I find??? Red yellow green and blue colorful tiles! Marlins Park was the Toys R Us version of a ballpark! Maybe Derek Jeter really does have a better vision of what that building should look like? 

tlumacki_toysrusnolonger_business014.jpg

4 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I'm starting to think that Jeter has really bland aesthetic taste. While I approve of many of the ballpark design changes so far, it looks like they are tearing out the color coded walls and flooring on the concourse and replacing them with industrial grey.

Oh piss right off Jeter, those colors were cool! and warm!

This in particular owns:

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

MS2_Scavo-075v2.png

miami-082.jpg27262821836_95fd747f9b_b.jpg

9_3_empty-upper-level-concourse.jpg

Miami25.jpg

Man that looks horrible. Almost has the feel of a public pool or bathroom with those tiles

13 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Man I was only trying to be funny with the Toys R Us line but then out of curiosity I looked up an image of the store and what do I find??? Red yellow green and blue colorful tiles! Marlins Park was the Toys R Us version of a ballpark! Maybe Derek Jeter really does have a better vision of what that building should look like? 

tlumacki_toysrusnolonger_business014.jpg

giphy.gif lol

17 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Man that looks horrible. Almost has the feel of a public pool or bathroom with those tiles

Every park can't be exposed brick and steel beams painted forest green. Embracing color and different building material is awesome, especially in Miami. You can watch Ye Olde Based Ball everywhere else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ya'll crazy! This is what the aforementioned Citi Field (and pretty much every other park in MLB) concourse looks like:

7778794756_5a8a933176_b.jpg

I think Miami deserves something with a little more character. So I'd err more on the side of Toys R' Us than dingy warehouse.

18 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Ya'll crazy! This is what the aforementioned Citi Field (and pretty much every other park in MLB) concourse looks like:

7778794756_5a8a933176_b.jpg

I think Miami deserves something with a little more character. So I'd err more on the side of Toys R' Us than dingy warehouse.

Agree to disagree, but the Marlins Park courcourse is a tad too eccentric.  I like the above style...its a very immersive environment.

39 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Also, public pools are awesome, they're the crown jewels of robust park districts. Would you pay for an annual pass to hang around a warehouse?

Public Pool in Florida - potentially hot.

Public Pool in Milwaukee - not so much

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Also, public pools are awesome, they're the crown jewels of robust park districts. Would you pay for an annual pass to hang around a warehouse?

Alternate opinion:

Public pools are disgusting. Would you pay for an annual pass to swim in toddler pee?

The Marlins' park was bright and colourful. Perfect for South Florida. Does every park need to look like that? No, but you can all stuff your Toys R Us comparisons. It looked cool and unique, but I guess that doesn't matter. What matters is making them the New York Yankees because that'll work out well.

Archived