SilverBullet1929

Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

That's quite shocking. The on-field 5950 is a bit of an eyesore with most of it being flat with the exception of the top half of the fish. It does not cohere well and it's very cheap looking. Like a knock-off. It seems like they are trying too hard to get a relief/sculptural effect but in the end it looks like total garbage.

I really want to warm up to the rebrand but I just can't when I see stuff like this.

1 minute ago, Marlins93 said:

That's quite shocking. The on-field 5950 is a bit of an eyesore with most of it being flat with the exception of the top half of the fish. It does not cohere well and it's very cheap looking. Like a knock-off. It seems like they are trying too hard to get a relief/sculptural effect but in the end it looks like total garbage.

I really want to warm up to the rebrand but I just can't when I see stuff like this.

I agree with your reaction to the hat.  I do think it was a nice idea conceptually but the execution doesn’t do it for me personally.  Maybe if the ocean blue and caliente red of the M were thicker the negative space idea would work.  Fortunately us fans do have the 3930,option.  I happen to like the rebrand and the more I wear the new stuff the more I like it.

I hope the hat looks better on the players on TV.  We got a glimpse of the away shirt during the AFL all star game but the players had their AFL team hats instead 

28 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Top pic is 5950 and bottom is 3930 with the embroidered M. Anyone having a hard time seeing the difference look at the bottom middle of the M. 

20190110_191209.jpg.9c3177355151e40f272a

20190110_191129.jpg.0f9633ef14e2b02f7ce0

Interesting choice. I've never noticed a team using the hat color instead of embroidery, but now I'm going to go back and look. What is it about the 5950 vs. 3930 that would lend itself to that?

59 minutes ago, CubsFanBudMan said:

What is it about the 5950 vs. 3930 that would lend itself to that?

No clue but it is an interesting question.