Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, el_gmac said:

your "friend" forgot the atrocious New Era logo on the side on the white hat

As well as not having a black squatchee. I think it's a rule that any two-toned cap needs to have matching squatchee and brim.

I didn't think it had to be said but just in case... my friend who did those mock ups isn't a professional graphic designer. He just cut and paste a few images on photoshop to get an idea of how the logo might look on different colored caps. He wasn't looking for accuracy with squatchees and manufacturer logos.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

OOs1XOq.png

Gyi0jDA.jpg

Not my work

Sorry, that is really not working for me at all. Too muddied. Only version halfway decent is on the white cap but even at that the fish and M being the same color with only a hairline stoke separating them make for a cluttered design. Hope they refine

It's probably too early to ask this but I'm gonna do it anyways... based on logos alone since we obviously haven't seen the uniforms yet... where might this new Marlins logo rank compared to other MLB logos? It's perfectly cool to say that it's ranking could change based on factors that haven't been revealed yet.

2 hours ago, LMU said:

If Cleveland and Cincinnati can go a few decades sharing the wishbone C the Marlins/Brewers issue means nothing.

Exactly. These two caps currently coexist in MLB...

OqE3ga5.jpg

KxXzXFC.jpg

This Marlins/Brewers comparison is a non-issue.

18 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Exactly. These two caps currently coexist in MLB...

OqE3ga5.jpg

KxXzXFC.jpg

This Marlins/Brewers comparison is a non-issue.

I don't think any Brewers fans are claiming it is. But the Wishbone C is a relic from a time before anyone thought that hard about branding and merchandise. Not a good comparison.

I could also take it a step further and ask why, then, did the Indians not bring back their version of the Wishbone C when it obviously has more character than the block C that gets mocked for being too generic.

I want to try to withhold my judgment until there is an official unveiling and can see how the logo looks on caps and jerseys, but my first reaction to the leaked image is one of total disappointment. It looks very amateurish and something that you would see in a video game without MLB licensing in the 2000s. Quite frankly, I've seen much snazzier fan concept art circulating over the years.

I was really hoping that Jeter would opt to return to teal because it really seems like the fanbase is clamoring for that. There was a lot of positive buzz and energy surrounding the 25th anniversary weekend and I figured a turn to teal was an inevitable. Apparently not. I was not expecting Jeter to revert back to the Florida Marlins uniforms. A totally new logo and script would have been more than welcome, but I feel that the absence of teal is a major missed opportunity. It's a unique color that people seem to embrace and would look amazing if integrated into a contemporary design. The shade of blue that the Marlins seem to be adopting in this logo is just too boring and conventional. But again, maybe I will feel differently once we see what the jerseys look like.

The other issue I have is that it's just far too black. The Marlin looks like it's covered in oil or something. Someone on Instagram posted what appears to be the logo stitched into a black cap and that totally doesn't work for me, either. I could potentially be sold on the overall design if they add some color there, but at the moment, the concept gets a firm thumbs down for me.

6 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Man the crazy rightwards slant bugs me about that logo. Another rough fix. And yes the marlin and the M being the same color just makes everything way too muddled.

DW0qZfG.png

One of the best elements, in my opinion, of the logo is that the marlin’s fin made up the top left point of the M. So I’m not sure this works.

ClAFLDa.png

Archived