Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The black on black is very weird but I think they're clearly going for a night time Miami fishing vibe. Like if you were looking out towards the ocean at night and you saw a marlin jump out of the water and the neon lights of the city of Miami quickly glistened off the wet body of the fish. That's what I see.

Watch out for the jetty... 

Too soon?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Quillz said:

Is that guy unpopular? He’s like a real life Where’s Waldo to me. 

There was a real life at the Ravens-Titans game last Sunday.  I couldn't find a picture to show you where he was.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, tubby34 said:

From Twitter 

I redact my previous statements - this actually looks pretty sharp. It does look like its the same red-orange color rather than pink which is a shame.

Only going by the first leak and its terrible quality, it's almost as if this logo works better in real life execution than it does as a graphic. Hard to think of any other examples of  this happening.

spacer.png

https://www.color-hex.com/color/f8777c

A friend of mine picked this hex color out of the recent images. It's like an orangey-salmon... I think this would work. It's not too pink or too orange. Seems just right.

With that said I'm not convinced they didn't just keep it the reddish orange they currently have. The cap image makes it look orange to me. I could live with that. It would be basically keeping the same colors and rearranging the balance but dropping the useless yellow. 

But if it is pink... can we remember that original Marlins owner Wayne Huizenga wanted them to be the Florida Flamingos and wear pink? They could say this is a subtle nod to that especially since Huizenga passed earlier this year.

Just now, MiK said:

it's almost as if this logo works better in real life execution than it does as a graphic. Hard to think of any other examples of  this happening.

Yea I was thinking the same which is why seeing the uniforms is gonna be huge for this rebrand. It's possible the logo isn't as strong on it's own but they have a chance to really nail the execution of theuniforms.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well let's wait for an official release before jerking each other off. 

I don't know how you expect to get the former without first having the latter.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Based off of the official color swatch from TruColor, the shade is very close, but a bit more pink/color, from the official red/orange color.

j0ZeSEr.png

However, the Marlins don't actually wear this shade on the field.  They wear more of a standard SF/BAL orange.

mjqOr4D.jpg

O8vvC99.png

VmWIn6B.png

Archived