SilverBullet1929

Report: Miami Marlins Getting New Logos for 2019

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The black on black is very weird but I think they're clearly going for a night time Miami fishing vibe. Like if you were looking out towards the ocean at night and you saw a marlin jump out of the water and the neon lights of the city of Miami quickly glistened off the wet body of the fish. That's what I see.

Watch out for the jetty... 

Too soon?

5 hours ago, Quillz said:

Is that guy unpopular? He’s like a real life Where’s Waldo to me. 

There was a real life at the Ravens-Titans game last Sunday.  I couldn't find a picture to show you where he was.

Anyone else being reminded of this 2017 ASG concept that was so well received? Definitely looks like they're going for the same night time neon theme by having it black on black...

?format=1500w

?format=1500w

10 hours ago, tubby34 said:

From Twitter 

I redact my previous statements - this actually looks pretty sharp. It does look like its the same red-orange color rather than pink which is a shame.

Only going by the first leak and its terrible quality, it's almost as if this logo works better in real life execution than it does as a graphic. Hard to think of any other examples of  this happening.

https://www.color-hex.com/color/f8777c

A friend of mine picked this hex color out of the recent images. It's like an orangey-salmon... I think this would work. It's not too pink or too orange. Seems just right.

With that said I'm not convinced they didn't just keep it the reddish orange they currently have. The cap image makes it look orange to me. I could live with that. It would be basically keeping the same colors and rearranging the balance but dropping the useless yellow. 

But if it is pink... can we remember that original Marlins owner Wayne Huizenga wanted them to be the Florida Flamingos and wear pink? They could say this is a subtle nod to that especially since Huizenga passed earlier this year.

Just now, MiK said:

it's almost as if this logo works better in real life execution than it does as a graphic. Hard to think of any other examples of  this happening.

Yea I was thinking the same which is why seeing the uniforms is gonna be huge for this rebrand. It's possible the logo isn't as strong on it's own but they have a chance to really nail the execution of theuniforms.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well let's wait for an official release before jerking each other off. 

I don't know how you expect to get the former without first having the latter.

I really don't see the orange in the hat image. Definitely looks coral to me. That link that Silver Bullet provided looks pretty spot-on.

56 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Teal> Light Blue

Most definitely.

Based off of the official color swatch from TruColor, the shade is very close, but a bit more pink/color, from the official red/orange color.

j0ZeSEr.png

However, the Marlins don't actually wear this shade on the field.  They wear more of a standard SF/BAL orange.

mjqOr4D.jpg

O8vvC99.png

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Teal> Light Blue

Oh definitely, I agree. But if we can’t have teal, I think this light blue is the next best thing. It still looks great with black.

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh definitely, I agree. But if we can’t have teal, I think this light blue is the next best thing. It still looks great with black.

Much respect for this post.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1536271284_newcolortemp.png.e37de27a3387f3bacbe50b95a41d8f4d.png

I’d prefer a more virbant neon pink, but would be cool with this.  

Just now, Gothamite said:

I’d be cool with that.  

Agree, such a great upgrade from their current mess.

Orange and black was such a stupid idea for this club.  Perfect example of why owners should not confuse their own personal preferences for the best interests of their teams.

The Milwaukee Marlins has a nice ring to it...

brewers-marlins.jpg

Props to the Marlins for creating something new instead of just going backwards and rehashing the 90s look. You can take inspiration from the past when appropriate but you also gotta move forwards and not backwards. 

I don't think the Marlins' new "M" is really that similar to the Brewers'. It certainly wasn't my first thought when I saw the logo.