Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a big fan of the Art Deco look for this team so I’m really hoping that leak is the real deal. Keeping the nightlife vibe is key in my opinion so that has to be pink or salmon. I think I’ll be really bummed if it’s just red. Fingers crossed.

That really does remind me of the Brewers logo.  Hopefully it's a logo the Brewers won't be using for much longer though.  Because, for as much as I usually hate drop shadows, it actually makes sense the way it's being used here.

neon-sign-at-night-outside-the-art-deco-

Yea there are similarities to the Brewers cap logo but one could also argue there are similarities between classic monogram logos as well. Yankees and Mets, Giants and Padres, even Braves and A's especially Oaklands retro one... I know none of those are "a problem" to us but just pointing out that if those can coexist then Marlins and Brewers cap logos can coexist as well. 

Yeah. But we don’t want the Marlins and Brewers logos to co-exist.  Brewers fans want their classic logo back, and we’re very happy for the Marlins to have this.  

It’s a better logo anyway, and if it in any way causes the Brewers to finally ditch theirs, everybody wins. ?

41 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Marlin needs to be a different color.

it does need some other color or something to make it stand out more. Other than that I like the caps 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Marlin needs to be a different color.

I want to agree so I tried sketching out some variations with colored pencils on paper and believe it or not I'm not sure changing the marlin is the right solution. I'm starting to trust that they tried other variations on the color and that the black really is the best option for what they're going for. 

With color you lose the "fish jumping out of the water at night" effect. Also the fish doesn't have enough details for more color... there's no eyes or scales or gills or any separation between the top of the fish and the bottom of it... it's like the fish is meant to be in darkness.

I know I'm totally guessing on this but I'm using the clues the logo gives us and this all makes sense to me.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

Definitely. As I'm sure you know, once you drive north of about Port Saint Lucie, you're out of South Florida and into what can be called Florida Man Florida. And that's not even getting into the panhandle, which is all pines and live oaks and quite frankly a little spooky. Or Pensacola, which is Alabama but no one's had the heart to tell them. Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach Counties are really a world unto themselves.

This guys GETS IT. 

Not that this is very important because I didn't like when the Dbacks tried to make this seem like a big deal but if we are gonna try the whole idea of "this design is gonna really appeal to the younger fans" then I do think this Marlins logo can do that very well and better than the Dbacks did it with their snake skin thing.

Archived