Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

Jeter has been on a roll lately with the signings of the Mesa brothers and kicking the sculpture monstrosity to the plaza. Let's hope his winning streak continues and that leaked logo looks nothing like what's unveiled on Nov 1. Go teal or go home!

You gotta realize your last request is basically confirmed to not be happening. Start making peace with it now my friend. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, NicDB said:

I'm all for banning non home team gear in stadiums, period. I know it wouldn't be the end all be all of obnoxious partisan behavior, but it would for sure cut down on it. Tickets are too expensive for that crap.

A Brewers fan would say this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

28 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

You gotta realize your last request is basically confirmed to not be happening. Start making peace with it now my friend. 

I honestly don't expect there to be teal although I am pretty shocked they didn't go that route, considering there seemed to be tons of demand for it. But I'm still holding out hope that the leaked logo isn't an accurate representation of the final product. The general design could be the same, but you have to expect that they know better than to have a logo so black/monochromatic.

I suppose there's always a chance that the leaked version is what they submitted to MLB, but then they were forced to undergo changes before final approval. Fingers crossed!

I am really eager for November 1 to see if the rebrand will be an improvement over what they currently have. Right now I am worried that it won't be. At least merchandise with the current logo should be heavily discounted, right? Lol

36 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I honestly don't expect there to be teal although I am pretty shocked they didn't go that route, considering there seemed to be tons of demand for it. But I'm still holding out hope that the leaked logo isn't an accurate representation of the final product. The general design could be the same, but you have to expect that they know better than to have a logo so black/monochromatic.

I suppose there's always a chance that the leaked version is what they submitted to MLB, but then they were forced to undergo changes before final approval. Fingers crossed!

I am really eager for November 1 to see if the rebrand will be an improvement over what they currently have. Right now I am worried that it won't be. At least merchandise with the current logo should be heavily discounted, right? Lol

We don’t need teal. I own a teal Florida Marlins jersey along with the white version, but the blue they use would be just fine. 

I really want this one to be selected with a tweaked Marlin on top. But keep the M as is, it's gorgeous. And will look mighty fine on a cap. Plus, it could be used with a refreshed update of the original set.

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpg

10 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

I really want this one to be selected with a tweaked Marlin on top. But keep the M as is, it's gorgeous. And will look mighty fine on a cap. Plus, it could be used with a refreshed update of the original set.

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpg

What color cap do you think that logo would look nice on? I feel that since there isn't much accenting on the M, it wouldn't work on a black cap at all. Perhaps whichever shade of blue they are going for, but I wouldn't be convinced until I saw it.

The F on the black Florida Marlins hat was black, but it had thick silver accenting plus detailed coloring on the Marlin that enabled it to work on a black cap. None of the leaked or considered logos have anything like that going for them.

Every logo that's been floated on Instagram lately has been heavily flawed in one way or another. That's why I am still optimistic that the real version hasn't been made public yet.

3 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Jeter has been on a roll lately with the signings of the Mesa brothers and kicking the sculpture monstrosity to the plaza. Let's hope his winning streak continues and that leaked logo looks nothing like what's unveiled on Nov 1. Go teal or go home!

Amen on the teal front!

Jaguars

It's real everyone. Definitely not a fan! ? ?

It has potential to be decent with some tweaking, but the colors need to be overhauled majorly. WAY too much black and the cursive looks awkward between the first two characters of the Miami script. We've already seen the logo on a black cap and it just doesn't work, either.

It's still possible that the jerseys themselves are fun and eye catching, but the standalone logo and hat are major disappointments. Oh well.

1.  What color are the laces?  I hope not red.

2.  Interesting that there's no keyline when it's on a white background, making the ball just kinda disappear.  I think I like it... but I'm not sure yet.

3.  Not a fan of a script that is simply connected non-cursive letters.  That's pretty weak.

4.  Still like the colors a lot, though man, that hat is gonna be too much black.  Someone said that a white panel would work with this set, and I'm inclined to agree.

5.  Curious if there's a "Marlins" wordmark too, or if they're still just keeping Miami on al the uniforms.

6.  Just realized the fish has no eyes - how does it know where it's going?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What’s the source on the higher resolution leak? All in all, I think it’s quite decent. Probably will be much better than what they currently have. I can dig the light blue if they aren’t going to go with teal. And as much as everyone wants them to use less black, they’ve used it for so long that it’s pretty much their defining color at this point, more so than teal was.

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

I see no harm in posting the image. I was just wondering where the image came from since so far all we had seen was a very low-res version.

I have only seen it posted one other place so far. I suppose I can repost it here if people are certain the team won't do anything. I don't know how copyright and trademarks work in this context.

Some unofficial Marlins sites have acknowledged that they've acquired hi-res versions of the logo, but refuse to share them until Nov. 1 has passed.

Archived