Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

46 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

I wasn't huge on the new logo at first, and now I'm even less huge on it. But, we'll have to wait until the actual reveal. I'm still not certain that this isn't a reproduction of what we've already seen (Kinda like how there were multiple mockups of the new Dolphins logo that weren't quite correct), so the final reveal may be better than what we're seeing here.

I think it's the final product because it apparently comes from a clothing retailer. A similar thing happened in 2012 and the logo ended up being correct.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I thought MLB did not allow baseballs in logos? Is that not enforced?

MLB rules do not allow baseballs in logos on uniforms, if there is any chance that logo could confuse a batter at the plate. 

But in primary logos?  Plenty of clubs include a baseball.  The Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Twins, Rangers, Blue Jays, Rockies and Brewers (until recently) all spring to mind.

If that graphic is legit, then the unlabeled one on the right could be their primary logo. 

rG30ved_d.jpg?maxwidth=1000&shape=thumb&

And frankly, I don’t know what else it could be.  The script is too small to think that whole thing is going on a uniform.

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I still like the cap logo, but that primary is horrendous.

When you put it that way I realize a primary logo gets very little use the way logos are used today. If the cap logo and uniforms are good nobody cares about the primary because it would be seen the least of the three. 

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

When you put it that way I realize a primary logo gets very little use the way logos are used today. If the cap logo and uniforms are good nobody cares about the primary because it would be seen the least of the three. 

Which is why many teams, from the Red Sox to Rockies to Brewers, are adopting their cap logos as primary logos.  The more-complicated versions just aren’t as necessary as they once were.  In this era of phone screens and social media, simpler and smaller logos are more important.

41 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I still like the cap logo, but that primary is horrendous.

Agree with this. Thought the cap logo had a lot of potential and I expected it to be paired with a wordmark that was more pirate-y, more Old Key West, I guess. Which would have been clever and different, pairing that Old Florida vibe with the South Beach-y color scheme.

Generic cursive script and a baseball lace is not how I expected this to turn out.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

MLB rules do not allow baseballs in logos on uniforms, if there is any chance that logo could confuse a batter at the plate.

How long has this rule been in effect? I ask because teams like the Brewers and Giants have had their baseball filled logos on their jersey sleeves. I might be missing some other teams too.

bSLCtu2.png

Driving in to work today, saw what I feel are the colors of the new logo in the sunrise and on the buildings behind the ballpark. Drving i-95 when I took these, not entirely sure if you can see what I'm talking about. I'm digging the Black on Black more and more.

Some of the buildings behind the Ballpark are lit up with Purple and pink lights, and some with a weird shade of blue that looks similar to the new logo.

42-B6-BA83-8967-4-F35-9-F8-D-7433-DE5-FC

b6rqdh.jpg

https://ibb.co/emvywV

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

You can’t use regular HTML in these boards - when you want to post a picture click the “Insert other media” button and paste the URL there. 

42-B6-BA83-8967-4-F35-9-F8-D-7433-DE5-FC

Nice pic, though.  If this logo is genuine, they would be wise to use pictures like yours to promote it at the unveiling.  

On 10/21/2018 at 1:05 AM, Quillz said:

It clearly is, since he spent almost the entire Brewers game on his phone. (Seriously, even my parents noticed this). He likes being seen more than watching the games.

He's an ass. When I went to KC this summer for a Tribe game, he happened to show up. Dude was wearing dress pants and dress shoes with his visor and jersey and paid about 5 minutes of attention to the game. :censored: that guy hard.

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Doesn't the trim color look more red orange than pink in the high res pics? 

It's definitely not pink. And I still don't understand why some people were eager for pink to begin with.

46 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Someone just pointed out to me the cursive is comparable to the Cardinals wordmark. Interesting.

They are definitely similar in some ways, but the executions deviate quite a bit. In the Miami script, the odd transition between the first and second characters is far too glaring.

I've hated the current look since day one and have only grown more loathsome of it with each passing day, but this one still leaves a lot out on the field. I think this is the best fish they've used. The first one was far too detailed and a mess in embroidery, the second one made the Buffaslug look like it had form. A couple things, though: not a fan of that second blue on the fish. That's needlessly fussy and would've looked better if they'd just kept it to 1 blue. I'm also not wild about the way the tail fin interacts with the letter - I don't like how the fin's outline abruptly ends when it meets the outline of the letter. Continuing it a little more would've given the fin more action. 

Colors are good. They'll probably continue to use black 90% of the time, but I was concerned for a bit that they'd go with a Yankees navy blue. 

still unsure how I feel about that font. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived