SilverBullet1929

Report: Miami Marlins Getting New Logos for 2019

Recommended Posts

I’m not sure what the Marlins are going with, but I’m 100% confident that we’re going to end up with something MUCH worse than what they have now. 

 

Be careful what you wish for, y’all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I love their current logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Am I the only one that kind of likes the current set? Maybe not how its arranged now, but I think with a simplification of the colors, leaning more on the teal and orange and less on the yellow and black, it could be a fantastic look.  

 

The answer to this question is nearly always no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boom. More blue, Jeter approved.

 

oqVvWyh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ark said:

Bring back this guy

 

bp-hat.png

 

I don't necessarily want THIS logo, but I agree with @Ark that THIS Marlin should be a part of the redesign, especially considering their two World Series titles are associated with the logo and the current logo associated with Luria.

 

But, with Jeter at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fairly conservative approach to the new logo and uniforms to reflect the Yankees to some degree. But, that's more of a hunch than anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Boom. More blue, Jeter approved.

 

oqVvWyh.png

 

I want to applaud the craftsmanship.  But I don't get the joke.  "M.A."?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

I want to applaud the craftsmanship.  But I don't get the joke.  "M.A."?

The top is the letter I to spell MIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

but I’m 100% confident that we’re going to end up with something MUCH worse than what they have now. 

Don't know how you can say this. With all the hatred for their current logo I'd almost say it's the other way around that almost anything will be considered better as long as it doesn't purposely get more gaudy and colorful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

almost anything will be considered better as long as it doesn't purposely get more gaudy and colorful. 

Nooooooo, that would have made it better!

 

zehgmfr2aq7f3grh4uqjen7eh.gif

 

----->

Adp15b6.jpg

Now you have a nice balance of all the intended colors! It transcends the entire concept of team colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

The top is the letter I to spell MIA.

 

You could even count the M and I twice to get MIAMI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guessing something along these lines is too much wishful thinking?

 

117_7118_large_24fc375b-6751-4000-aaa9-5

 

miami-1956-road-jersey-front_grande.gif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Guessing something along these lines is too much wishful thinking?

 

117_7118_large_24fc375b-6751-4000-aaa9-5

 

miami-1956-road-jersey-front_grande.gif?

 

It would be nice but way too close to the Mets.

 

I wonder if they'll base the new Marlin after that 1950's one?

 

084191d0f5ddaf45c29206e2f85d8a3c--miami-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 1950s Marlin would look pretty nice with a modern update.  But if they're going with Marlin blue and orange, it's pretty impossible to not look at least tangentially like the Mets.  Hence why they should have just embraced teal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A blue-heavy teal and orange update of the minor league team would be a fantastic idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NicDB said:

That 1950s Marlin would look pretty nice with a modern update.  But if they're going with Marlin blue and orange, it's pretty impossible to not look at least tangentially like the Mets.  Hence why they should have just embraced teal.

 

I believe they are de-emphasizing orange, as per a friend who works in the organization (I know..I know...), they had told me the rumors around the park is blue, gray/silver, and black as the main colors. They told me today the BP uniforms should be the bright blue from the players weekend.

 

Of course since they haven't seen anything official or anything so you cant take it with a grain of salt, until they actually see anything I'll believe it when I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change the royal and orange to light blue and black, and this would be a great place to start.

 

58276_01_lg.jpg58276_05_lg.jpg

 

This little guy is about my favorite sleeve patch ever,

 

58276_02_lg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Change the royal and orange to light blue and black, and this would be a great place to start.

 

58276_01_lg.jpg58276_05_lg.jpg

 

This little guy is about my favorite sleeve patch ever,

 

58276_02_lg.jpg

 

A modern update of that lil dude in those colors is perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about the light blue with black and silver color scheme the more I love it to the point that I'm afraid anything else would be a massive disappointment.

 

Especially if orange is out and if teal isn't happening then I can't see anything better than light blue, black, and silver.

 

Be still my beating heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now