Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm once again thinking this isn't happening this week. It's definitely soon but it's already Wednesday and no reveal event has been announced so my guess is this week is like a week of teasers with the reveal probably coming at some point next week. 

Yeah theyll likely want to be ahead of the holiday season, so no later than sometime next week I would think.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

It’s not so bad when you consider that they’re the only black team in their division.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

You know, for all the complaints I hear about the Marlins being another black team you'd think there were 20 teams that were black teams. There really aren't that many black teams when you think about it. There's only 8 and almost all pair the black with a unique secondary color. It's nothing compared to how many red and blue teams there are. 

The problem with a mostly black look isn't that it would resemble too many other teams and feel less unique. The problem is that something that borders on black monochrome is bland and dull, outside of maybe going for something minimalist like the Chi Sox.

A vibrant city like Miami should be emphasizing colors, not using them as mostly accents. Perhaps the official set will pop, but the leaked logo and sewn cap images most certainly do not. So no other team in the NL East might be heavily utilizing black, but a drab look is still a drab look.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The funny thing is, that black alt was my favorite part of that set. I loved the silver script. It was the black pinstripes on the home and the lack of any other hat color that I didn't care for.

I'm not saying the black didn't look good, it's just that the team had a bright beautiful teal and just regulated it to outlines... Left them with nothing in terms of color.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:30 PM, WSU151 said:

That kinda goes back to Pensacola's merchandise success too.

giphy.gif

?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'm not saying the black didn't look good, it's just that the team had a bright beautiful teal and just regulated it to outlines... Left them with nothing in terms of color.

Right. The other uniforms in that set should've used more teal. But that black alt, at least in a vacuum, I thought was fantastic.

5 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

The problem with a mostly black look isn't that it would resemble too many other teams and feel less unique. The problem is that something that borders on black monochrome is bland and dull, outside of maybe going for something minimalist like the Chi Sox.

A vibrant city like Miami should be emphasizing colors, not using them as mostly accents. Perhaps the official set will pop, but the leaked logo and sewn cap images most certainly do not. So no other team in the NL East might be heavily utilizing black, but a drab look is still a drab look.

Agreed 100%.  No reason they shouldn't be embracing that bright blue color.  Just like they should have embraced the bright orange with the last set.

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Agreed 100%.  No reason they shouldn't be embracing that bright blue color.  Just like they should have embraced the bright orange with the last set.

The Marlins should never embrace orange.. I'm thankful they didn't.. Viewing them as an orange team in any capacity is just wrong.. 

10 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

The problem is that something that borders on black monochrome is bland and dull, outside of maybe going for something minimalist like the Chi Sox.

But none of these teams look bland and dull because of the (almost entirely unique) secondary (and, in some cases, tertiary) color pairings. 

Arizona - Red, Sand

Baltimore - Orange

Chicago - Silver 

Colorado - Purple

Miami - Neon Blue, Pink/Red

Pittsburgh - Yellow

San Francisco - Orange

And if you don’t think these colors are going to pop on the black background, the Heat’s City uniforms would like to have a word with you. The promotional tweets jump off the page, too. It’ll look really good on gray road uniforms, as well, provided the Marlins actually wear them instead of a heavy dose of alternates on the road. 

9 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

On the contrary, you can have too much of a good thing. Case in point: the Marlins all teal look from their first couple of years.

16 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

But none of these teams look bland and dull because of the (almost entirely unique) secondary (and, in some cases, tertiary) color pairings. 

Arizona - Red, Sand

Baltimore - Orange

Chicago - Silver 

Colorado - Purple

Miami - Neon Blue, Pink/Red

Pittsburgh - Yellow

San Francisco - Orange

And if you don’t think these colors are going to pop on the black background, the Heat’s City uniforms would like to have a word with you. The promotional tweets jump off the page, too. It’ll look really good on gray road uniforms, as well, provided the Marlins actually wear them instead of a heavy dose of alternates on the road. 

I am responding to the leaked logo & script concepts, sewn cap, and rumors reported here about the jerseys. All of this indicates a look that is heavily monochromatic, black on black. I don't think that bears any similarities with any of the teams you are mentioning there, strictly speaking. None of those teams have primary or cap logos that are black on black. 

Again, we've already kind of seen what the Marlins logo looks like on a black cap and in my opinion it does not work at all. That's why I'm hoping they'd at least give us a blue alternate or something.

17 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Again, we've already kind of seen what the Marlins logo looks like on a black cap and in my opinion it does not work at all. That's why I'm hoping they'd at least give us a blue alternate or something.

No, we haven’t. 

I too want a blue cap, but we haven’t actually seen this logo on a real cap to judge. 

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No, we haven’t. 

I too want a blue cap, but we haven’t actually seen this logo on a real cap to judge. 

Not the best quality, I admit, but I think this is certainly enough to be able to judge how the mostly black logo looks on a black cap:

kCadjiz.jpg

Sure, it would help to be able to see the entire cap and on someone's head, but I cannot imagine that really changing much in the end.

Archived