Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

14 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I believe they are de-emphasizing orange, as per a friend who works in the organization (I know..I know...), they had told me the rumors around the park is blue, gray/silver, and black as the main colors. They told me today the BP uniforms should be the bright blue from the players weekend.

Of course since they haven't seen anything official or anything so you cant take it with a grain of salt, until they actually see anything I'll believe it when I see it. 

So, basically, their original colors; but with Marlin blue replacing teal?

I could live with that.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, daveindc said:

More distancing himself from Loria. Derek Jeter has a big plan to rebrand the organization in his own way and he's gonna do it in logos and uniforms as well as in changes to the visual aspects of Marlins Park. I'm not sure how a Marlins fan can't be excited about this. I love it. 

18 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Anyone have any opinions on the possibility of pinstripes returning since they had them for nineteen seasons? 

It might totally depend on the rest of the look but I can't decide if I want them back or not. 

Not unless they went back to teal. The light blue and red-orange is different enough from the Mets' colors, but pinstripes might be pushing it.

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Do we have any reason to believe that the red-orange is sticking around?

We have more reason to believe it's gone. Jeter has de emphasized it all season. The orange alternate jersey was scrapped, the logo on their social media accounts was changed to remove orange, even the flag Billy the Marlin waves after a home victory was changed.

39 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I thought it was nice and all for the 2012-2018 branding and the desire to “Miami/Art Deco”-ify the team’s identity.

I can see why the current owners want it gone, as it is symbolic of the Loria period, but I’ll miss it.

Removing it alongside a uniform rebrand is also perfect timing wise. I can also confirm there will be other changes to the ballpark aesthetics in terms of colors and signage and so on so it's a full scale rebrand from top to bottom visually. Could be fun for many of us here (even non Marlins fans) as I imagine the ballpark changes are meant to be complementary to the uniform and logo changes. This team is gonna look so much better next year. 

Good bye Art Deco Marlins, hello Jeter era Marlins (whatever that may be).

SIDE NOTE: When do you think Marlins Park gets a corporate sponsor? 

Of all the new parks (since 2000 or so) the Marlins and Nationals are the only ones without a sponsor, no? Seems like a good time to jump onto that.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

21 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

We have more reason to believe it's gone. Jeter has de emphasized it all season. The orange alternate jersey was scrapped, the logo on their social media accounts was changed to remove orange, even the flag Billy the Marlin waves after a home victory was changed.

I still see quite a bit orange on all their social media:

https://twitter.com/Marlins

https://www.instagram.com/marlins/

https://www.facebook.com/Marlins/

And the logo on their social media is just black and white, just like Billy the Marlin's new flag, so Idk if we can take anything from it:

Image result for flag Billy the Marlin

I knew Jeter got rid of the orange jerseys, but I didn't think he would get rid of orange completely unless they switched back to teal and black. So we're looking at what for next year- light blue and black?

Just to clarify for anyone who didn't read the article... the piece isn't gonna be gone completely as it cost $2.5 million from money that must be used for "art in public places" so it can't just be gotten rid of. Jeter's plan is to relocate it to the outside of the ballpark along with other public art in a section that will be called an art walk so that it's still fulfilling it's requirement of being public art. One of Jeter's main arguments was that being outside the ballpark actually makes it more public as inside the ballpark it was only viewable to people who bought tickets to a game. The one hold up was the artist who made it didn't want it moved so he can disown the piece and it would then be worthless in terms of its value as an art piece. As a compromise the Marlins have offered to pay up to $2.5 million to the county if the artist does decide to disown it. This is almost like the Marlins purchasing the sculpture for themselves if the artist disowns it. Sounds like a perfect deal all around and the county vote was passed unanimously this afternoon. 

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

Of all the new parks (since 2000 or so) the Marlins and Nationals are the only ones without a sponsor, no? Seems like a good time to jump onto that.

David Samson, Team President of the previous ownership says they were close to choosing a naming sponsor but then Loria put the team up for sale and the Marlins pulled back as they decided to leave the final decision up to the new ownership, which makes sense as it's a big decision. If true hopefully the new owners picked up talks again with the same potential sponsors but I haven't heard a thing since then.

4 minutes ago, daveindc said:

I still see quite a bit orange on all their social media:

https://twitter.com/Marlins

https://www.instagram.com/marlins/

https://www.facebook.com/Marlins/

And the logo on their social media is just black and white, just like Billy the Marlin's new flag, so Idk if we can take anything from it:

Image result for flag Billy the Marlin

I knew Jeter got rid of the orange jerseys, but I didn't think he would get rid of orange completely unless they switched back to teal and black. So we're looking at what for next year- light blue and black?

Seems like it. Hey do I know u from another forum? You a Marlins fan down here? 

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Nats got Geico Garage. Might as well make it Geico Field.

Related image

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Seems like it. Hey do I know u from another forum? You a Marlins fan down here? 

Nah. I'm a Nats fan, but I do post a lot about the Marlins on here. 

Archived