Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

More so than being another blue and red team, the Marlins have kind of stolen Arizona's alternate color scheme. Which is fine if Arizona's not going to commit to it but it'll be interesting to see how the Marlins utilize it in comparison.

I noticed this too. Different shades but very close and they work similarly as well... two bright colors creating an intensity meant to pop off a very black heavy base. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks awfully red.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've been revisiting the leaked logo image from a few weeks ago several times after the last two Twitter teaser images and the color looks much more red now than I originally perceived. In fact, I don't see much of a hint of pink at all anymore. It's clearly a red, although a somewhat bright one. Perhaps the lower quality image had many of us fooled?

Just now, burgundy said:

My guess is 7

Yeah that makes sense...I was thinking it was a white number on a black background...but it's a black number on a white jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks like the same kind of vertical "inside" drop shadows as the soon-to-be former numbers. Shoot--may even be the same number font. Wouldn't surprise me.

That said...from that image, looks like we're getting white numbers on the black jerseys. So that now calls into question the "black on black" treatment several of us thought we'd be seeing. (Although we ain't seen the chest scripts yet...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, Buc said:

Looks like the same kind of vertical "inside" drop shadows as the soon-to-be former numbers. Shoot--may even be the same number font. Wouldn't surprise me.

That said...from that image, looks like we're getting white numbers on the black jerseys. So that now calls into question the "black on black" treatment several of us thought we'd be seeing. (Although we ain't seen the chest scripts yet...)

That's a white jersey - the texture of the red is the same as the black, and the white is more meshy. But you're right in that the old and new fonts could be similar.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's a white jersey - the texture of the red is the same as the black, and the white is more meshy.

You appear to be right I think! If that's the case, do you still think we are looking at a number? The photo is a lot more visually confusing for me now.

What I don't like about this, which admittedly isn't much, is that the Marlins identity is completely forgotten.  They're going full culture/flavor, which is wonderful, but it's like...why not just rebrand? 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 minutes ago, CS85 said:

What I don't like about this, which admittedly isn't much, is that the Marlins identity is completely forgotten.  They're going full culture/flavor, which is wonderful, but it's like...why not just rebrand? 

What do you mean by that?

They are rebranding.  That's what new logos and new colors means.  Do you mean why don't they change the name?  Why should they? 

And how do you feel "the Marlins identity is completely forgotten"?  The new logo, from what we've seen, builds on the visual identity they've had all along, with the fish wrapped around the upper-right corner of the letter.   Seems more like an evolution than revolution to me.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

That's a white jersey - the texture of the red is the same as the black, and the white is more meshy. But you're right in that the old and new fonts could be similar.

Exactly. The black and red are both twill. That's definitely a white jersey with a black number.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived