Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So, freed from Twitter, these are the ones we're talking about.

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpg

This M is probably the nicest M of the four...but that marlin is gawd-awful. At first glance it looks like a slightly modified great white shark.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

DpuD8CNUUAAIINF.jpg

Give me that logo with fuchsia (hot pink, whatever you call it) instead of the red. ?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

So, freed from Twitter, these are the ones we're talking about.

DpqfDJyUUAY7qBM.jpg

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpgDpuD8COUwAEjI2v.jpgDpuD8CNUUAAIINF.jpg

Is it at all noteworthy that the initially leaked logo appears to the only one with an (R) trademark circle symbol next to it?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

26 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Is it at all noteworthy that the initially leaked logo appears to the only one with an (R) trademark circle symbol next to it?

That, and the other three are scaled in such a way that they all cover part of the bar code or the section break line.

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, LMU said:

That, and the other three are scaled in such a way that they all cover part of the bar code or the section break line.

I just noticed that too after taking another look.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

37 minutes ago, LMU said:

Well that basically confirms those are fakes or quick mock ups to throw people off

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Save the M from falling over and make the marlin teal and I think it works pretty well. As is it's pretty ugly. The red/blue leak has the best design but the worst colors. I did a quick tracing and two different colorways that would be much better.

5DGhEQi.png

This one looks nice:

DpvXDHoVsAAXR6O.jpg

That's basically the old Brewers "M," so I'll take it. Eye needs work, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My prediction: marlins will have a nice logo, cool uniforms, and a unique color or two. They will combine that set with throwbacks of the originals. Black will be a trim color on the new set and the following year, they will have a black hat and alternate jersey. This will soon be worn 90% of the time. The year after that, they will discontinue the unique colored hat and strictly go black. We will all be clamoring for the throwbacks or the redesign, but have Black most every game. Concept threads will continue to thrive on a website called sportslogos.net 

KISSwall09.jpg

3 minutes ago, hormone said:

My prediction: marlins will have a nice logo, cool uniforms, and a unique color or two. They will combine that set with throwbacks of the originals. Black will be a trim color on the new set and the following year, they will have a black hat and alternate jersey. This will soon be worn 90% of the time. The year after that, they will discontinue the unique colored hat and strictly go black. We will all be clamoring for the throwbacks or the redesign, but have Black most every game. Concept threads will continue to thrive on a website called sportslogos.net 

Given Jeter's ownership, I have a suspicion the Marlins will attempt to get their look right and keep it. I wouldn't doubt there will be alternate uniforms, but I don't think we'll be seeing next year's uniforms dropped after a single year.

Archived