SilverBullet1929

Report: Miami Marlins Getting New Logos for 2019

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So, freed from Twitter, these are the ones we're talking about.

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpg

This M is probably the nicest M of the four...but that marlin is gawd-awful. At first glance it looks like a slightly modified great white shark.

What's cool about that M is that the 3 negative spaces form the fins of the fish.

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

DpuD8CNUUAAIINF.jpg

Give me that logo with fuchsia (hot pink, whatever you call it) instead of the red. ?

DpuD8COUwAEjI2v.jpg

I WARNED YOU JETER WOULD MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE THE YANKEES, I WARRRRRRRNED YE

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

So, freed from Twitter, these are the ones we're talking about.

DpqfDJyUUAY7qBM.jpg

DpuD8CRUcAAtNEi.jpgDpuD8COUwAEjI2v.jpgDpuD8CNUUAAIINF.jpg

Is it at all noteworthy that the initially leaked logo appears to the only one with an (R) trademark circle symbol next to it?

26 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Is it at all noteworthy that the initially leaked logo appears to the only one with an (R) trademark circle symbol next to it?

That, and the other three are scaled in such a way that they all cover part of the bar code or the section break line.

1 minute ago, LMU said:

That, and the other three are scaled in such a way that they all cover part of the bar code or the section break line.

I just noticed that too after taking another look.

And that the ones that are presumably NOT it are clear enough to make merch from ... but the initial one ISN'T.

Save the M from falling over and make the marlin teal and I think it works pretty well. As is it's pretty ugly. The red/blue leak has the best design but the worst colors. I did a quick tracing and two different colorways that would be much better.

5DGhEQi.png

37 minutes ago, LMU said:

Well that basically confirms those are fakes or quick mock ups to throw people off

giphy.gif

I feel that the original Marlin was a bit too detailed and the new Marlin is waaay too abstract. Somewhere in the middle like the one shown in these 'leaks' would work great.

Some mock ups made by a friend trying to tweak them and put them on caps to see the practical applications. I think the dark Marlin works pretty well if it'll be on a blue cap. 

Untitled2.png.201462a0978f9b469c8867adc4

Untitled.png.174367c13646aa72bc7795178bc

Untitled2.png.16f512146ea96d11957c32aa81

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Save the M from falling over and make the marlin teal and I think it works pretty well. As is it's pretty ugly. The red/blue leak has the best design but the worst colors. I did a quick tracing and two different colorways that would be much better.

5DGhEQi.png

This one looks nice:

DpvXDHoVsAAXR6O.jpg

That's basically the old Brewers "M," so I'll take it. Eye needs work, though.

My prediction: marlins will have a nice logo, cool uniforms, and a unique color or two. They will combine that set with throwbacks of the originals. Black will be a trim color on the new set and the following year, they will have a black hat and alternate jersey. This will soon be worn 90% of the time. The year after that, they will discontinue the unique colored hat and strictly go black. We will all be clamoring for the throwbacks or the redesign, but have Black most every game. Concept threads will continue to thrive on a website called sportslogos.net 

3 minutes ago, hormone said:

My prediction: marlins will have a nice logo, cool uniforms, and a unique color or two. They will combine that set with throwbacks of the originals. Black will be a trim color on the new set and the following year, they will have a black hat and alternate jersey. This will soon be worn 90% of the time. The year after that, they will discontinue the unique colored hat and strictly go black. We will all be clamoring for the throwbacks or the redesign, but have Black most every game. Concept threads will continue to thrive on a website called sportslogos.net 

Given Jeter's ownership, I have a suspicion the Marlins will attempt to get their look right and keep it. I wouldn't doubt there will be alternate uniforms, but I don't think we'll be seeing next year's uniforms dropped after a single year.

Give me Salmon/Pink and Teal! Man that would be a rad look.