What pro sports league has your favorite playoff structure?

Quillz

23 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

EPL plays in January and February.  You have to do better than that for an argument.

I mean, I know from having been in the stands for MLS Cup in 2016 and 2017 that it is possible. BMO is equipped with under-field heating and a field drainage system...ect. 

Not every stadium is set up that way though.

As a specific example: Montreal had to move their home game against Toronto the 2016 playoffs to Olympic Stadium. Stade Saputo is simply not fit for these games like BMO is now (and, BMO wasn't always this way either, TFC used to play inside too before the most recent upgrade). 

Could Montreal, in theory, upgrade the stadium? Sure. If money isn't an issue (to be clear, I don't think it is) but you see what I mean.

But more to the point; let's be honest if those games were not MLS Cup, but rather a regular season game, the ticket sales would have been cut in half if not less.

Edit: also, the point isn't to argue, lol. Just provide another opinion.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It has to be two 40-team, semi-autonomous leagues, right? Like the old AL and NL?

This is the only way I can see it, even though I don't really like that model for MLS at all. That or maybe the closed pro-rel but not touching that rail here.

26 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

EPL plays in January and February.  You have to do better than that for an argument.

25-30% of MLS cities face winter conditions that are harsh enough as to not be comparable to a placid English winter, come on now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived