hettinger_rl

Washington Warbirds: A New Era for the Wizards Franchise

Recommended Posts

I think the Washington Wizards need a name/brand change. They can't go back to Bullets, so I think that Warbirds would be a good moniker. I used some elements of their current look in this logo and I think their current jersey style would work just fine with it as well.

nba-was1.png nba-was2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dig the eagle and the W. I really like the direction of this logo, but I think there's too many patriotic elements going on here. You got two stars here. I'm sure the W will look barren if you took out the white star, but right now, there's a lot to take in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize it would make it less specific to Washington DC basketball, but I think the basketball lines/star from the current Wizards logo needs to go. It's really cluttering thing up in the middle there. If you took that out and made the bottom angles of the W line up with the bottom points of the star, I think this would be cleaner and more cohesive. Addition by subtraction, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spread the bottom of the w out a bit to match the ball line.

the wings should extend to the red part.

 

very capitalsesque 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I realize it would make it less specific to Washington DC basketball, but I think the basketball lines/star from the current Wizards logo needs to go. It's really cluttering thing up in the middle there. If you took that out and made the bottom angles of the W line up with the bottom points of the star, I think this would be cleaner and more cohesive. Addition by subtraction, I guess.

 

Here is an update:

 -WWwZez9gYCqItJxDSUp3XgAU0hp8QyNK9omd_my oTHjTRIZfO06JEDVOhGHPAaZ6kMHFbhXxovCgXO1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

 

Here is an update:

 -WWwZez9gYCqItJxDSUp3XgAU0hp8QyNK9omd_my oTHjTRIZfO06JEDVOhGHPAaZ6kMHFbhXxovCgXO1

Wow.  This is the way you take in feedback and output something that not only incorporates it, but takes it to the next level.  Love the new tailfeathers.  The only part that keeps tripping me up is the rounded areas at the top of the W where the head connects.  I keep seeing the negative space first and it feels like two dots.  Have you experimented with making those edges angular rather than rounded?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

The only part that keeps tripping me up is the rounded areas at the top of the W where the head connects.  I keep seeing the negative space first and it feels like two dots.  Have you experimented with making those edges angular rather than rounded?  

I did and I didn't think it interacted well with the horizontal areas of the star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving A and the way the basketball lines in the tail flow up into the wings. I would make those lines the same weight so it flows together even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

They can't go back to Bullets

 

Yes they can.

 

Besides, all this American Iron War Eagle stuff doesn't really fit the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

They won't go back to Bullets

Fixed that.

18 minutes ago, the admiral said:

 

Yes they can.

 

Besides, all this American Iron War Eagle stuff doesn't really fit the NBA.

I disagree, but respect your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Loving A and the way the basketball lines in the tail flow up into the wings. I would make those lines the same weight so it flows together even better.

More like this:

nba-was6.png nba-was9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this, patriotically, I like how it looks a lot like a roundel found on military aircraft.  The last version is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 10:22 AM, n312rb said:

I like this, patriotically, I like how it looks a lot like a roundel found on military aircraft.  The last version is great.

 

I agree with that, and I appreciate the craftsmanship, but patriotism/jingoism and militarism don't lend themselves to the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see the roundel image...

The latest version is really well done, no complaints. Is the pink stripe intentional on the blue BG version?

 

Also, I kinda agree with @the admiral; I doubt an NBA team would choose to go with a military theme, but I feel like this would work well for Washington in the NFL!

 

Still, nice work! Would love to see uniforms and/or a court!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vtgco said:

Is the pink stripe intentional on the blue BG version?

No, the silver/gray must've gotten messed up at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now