Washington Warbirds: A New Era for the Wizards Franchise

hettinger_rl

Before uttering my take on this I must mention that Washington Wizards are one of the teams that are in a dire need of a rebrand. This is infinitely greater than their current name and logo! Great work! :) 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Thanks! However, I do feel that this color scheme wouldn't work because the Wizards are the only RWB team that uses Navy Blue in the NBA. This brighter scheme is used by DET, PHI, and LAC.

The sharp predominantly red/navy blue uniforms of DC's teams all look like no other in their sport, while matching each other perfectly. It'll never happen but if the Skins change their name, the Washington Warriors with a similar military identity as yours would be perfect. Similar to the Washington Valor Arena Football team.

I think this looks fantastic.  I personally don't think the Wizards are that bad, but it could be a great package for another DC-area sports franchise that might be looking for a rebrand.

mainescarf.png

47 minutes ago, SNBSlugger said:

I think this looks fantastic.  I personally don't think the Wizards are that bad, but it could be a great package for another DC-area sports franchise that might be looking for a rebrand.

I think their current logos look great as well, just not in combo with the Wizards name. All wizard iconography has been removed so they should just change the name as well.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I'd be curious to see this concept applied to the Redskins, seeInfo they're in need of a name/identity change. I think this is definitely an idea that has legs (or wings for that matter).

as for basketball, I'm not sure that the Wizards, who already in their history very intentionally changed their name/identity, would be ready to make another change. But I could definitely see something like this (maybe with less bright colors) applied to football. 

Great work and great ideas! 

Guest darkpiranha
On 11/4/2018 at 8:33 AM, WSU151 said:

I like the logo...I like the name...I like the colors.

It just doesn't seem like it'd fit in the NBA.

Agreed. It would make a killer NHL logo.  

Archived