Cursed Uniforms

After last night's Thursday Night Football debacle, the Arizona Cardinals remain winless in their Color Rush blacks. Was thinking what other uniforms are cursed with bad luck in the world of sports? Here are a few extreme cases that I can name:

Arizona Cardinals Black Color Rush (winless in this uniform):

usatsi_10417453.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Boston Celtics Black Sides Alternate (winless in the playoffs in these uniforms):

400px-Paul_Pierce_2008-01-13.jpg

Denver Broncos Orange Uniforms (winless in the Super Bowl in this color):

den-13-orangewhite-1-675x380.jpglvbroncos27s-4-web.jpg

New York Knicks Orange Alternate (winless in this uniform):

USATSI_7523822-675x380.jpg

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So many fans thought Miami's Vice unis were cursed.  I compared their record of Vice unis vs. non-Vice unis and the numbers show they were around .500 no matter what they wore.  My analysis didn't seem to change too many minds back then, but I haven't seen anyone saying the new ones will be cursed.  I won't have anyone talk smack about my favorite unis!  If they ain't your personal taste, fine, but don't say they hurt the team!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

691b7ac2-cff8-4d32-b250-ad48a354fb5f.png1189311596_d43680f325.jpg?v=0

Mothballed after only two games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1970_Dallas.png

Dallas's 1970-1990-ish Navy blue uniforms. (Or basically, the Navy blue uniform in general)

Bad luck from losses in Super Bowl V, the 1980 NFC Championship, and the 1982 NFC Championship. More offense then not, Philly, the Giant, and Washington will attempt to force them to wear them. Although, a majority of the players like the navy blue moreso than the silver-green pant white jersies.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

7 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Denver Broncos Orange Uniforms (winless in the Super Bowl in this color):

den-13-orangewhite-1-675x380.jpglvbroncos27s-4-web.jpg

Just to expand on this.

Super Bowl 12: Broncos lose to the Cowboys with quarterback Craig Morton throwing as many completions as he did interceptions (four).

Super Bowl 22: The Broncos end the first quarter up 10-0. By halftime they were down 35-10 before eventually losing 42-10 to Washington. Until the Pats comeback against Atlanta, ten points was the record for largest comeback in a Super Bowl. The Redskins also set records for points scored in a single quarter, total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, and so on and so forth.

Super Bowl 24: The Broncos get bludgeoned to death 55-10, the most points allowed in a Super Bowl and the largest margin of defeat. The Niners scored two touchdowns in every single quarter.

Super Bowl 48: The Seahawks opened the game with a 36-0 lead before Denver scored that one time, with a final score of 43-8.

To summarize, the orange-clad Broncos have been on the ass end of three of the five biggest ass kickings in Super Bowl history.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Just to expand on this.

Super Bowl 12: Broncos lose to the Cowboys with quarterback Craig Morton throwing as many completions as he did interceptions (four).

Super Bowl 22: The Broncos end the first quarter up 10-0. By halftime they were down 35-10 before eventually losing 42-10 to Washington. Until the Pats comeback against Atlanta, ten points was the record for largest comeback in a Super Bowl. The Redskins also set records for points scored in a single quarter, total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, and so on and so forth.

Super Bowl 24: The Broncos get bludgeoned to death 55-10, the most points allowed in a Super Bowl and the largest margin of defeat. The Niners scored two touchdowns in every single quarter.

Super Bowl 48: The Seahawks opened the game with a 36-0 lead before Denver scored that one time, with a final score of 43-8.

To summarize, the orange-clad Broncos have been on the ass end of three of the five biggest ass kickings in Super Bowl history.

To further summarize, Super Bowl 24 was during that period of time where the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls and the NFC Championship Game was usually seen as the "real" Super Bowl. Other highlights of that era include the Patriots also losing by a landslide, the Bills losing huge to the Cowboys, etc.

1 minute ago, Quillz said:

To further summarize, Super Bowl 24 was during that period of time where the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls and the NFC Championship Game was usually seen as the "real" Super Bowl. Other highlights of that era include the Patriots also losing by a landslide, the Bills losing huge to the Cowboys, etc.

A streak that was ended by the navy blue Broncos.

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

A streak that was ended by the navy blue Broncos.

Also denying the Packers of back-to-back titles, also the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowls. It all comes together. :spooky:

2 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

But didn't they win in 1992? ?

Yes. Then had a poor showing about midway through the 1993 season. Thinking it was their white-paneled caps holding them back, they switched full-time to the blue caps, recovered in the latter half and won another World Series.

The Blue Jays have been known to get a little superstitious about their uniform and cap choices. The reason why the team abandoned the white panel caps back in 1993? It was because of a brief five-game losing streak during the 1993 season.

Equipment manager Jeff Ross suggested the club change over to the solid blue cap, and the Blue Jays never looked back (hat tip to Bluebird Banter for sharing those details).

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Just to expand on this.

Yeesh. I knew they lost in it every time, but I’d forgotten how bad they got decimated each time. Especially SB 24, my gosh. That’s a darn good candidate for “team’s most cursed uniform color”, at the very least.

Don’t get me wrong, they look good in orange and I know it’s “thier color”, but shoot they’d better never wear it in a Super Bowl again. Keep a blue set handy if you can’t wear white and LOCK THE ORANGE JERSEYS IN A GD SAFE UNTIL THE OFFSEASON

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived