NHL Adidas/Fanatics jerseys- what to get?

i have adidas authentics (isles home and third) and a fanatics replica (isles road). 

first off, if you're going to buy yourself a fanatics jersey, do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a player. send it out to someone who does authentic lettering (exclusive pro sports is a good one). that'll class up the jersey, because like others have said, screen printed tackle is garbage.

adidas authentics are solid (if you're a jersey head: they're nowhere near the quality of reebok edge 2.0s, which were similar to CCM authentics). they're lightweight, crests are high quality, and considering the price, they're relatively affordable. unless fanatics is running a 30% off sale (which is how i got my replica), spend the extra dough and get the adidas.

that said, for a regular replica, fanatics' NHL jerseys are good. i wear jerseys a lot after work at night to bum around the house, and i honestly kind of like the flexible crest. the material is thicker than reebok's replicas and adidas' current authentics, so  they're pretty sturdy. no maker's mark above the nameplate, which some people like. if you're washing them and having the crest fall apart, i think you're washing them wrong. wash cold, hang dry. that should be your protocol for all your jersey washing needs.

on sizing, truthfully is varies so much on your own body type, so it's hard to say. i find that my fanatics replica fits true to how i like jerseys to fit, which leave me with a little room to move around. i'm 6', 210 lbs, but athletic build (broaded shoulders, smaller waist) and i like to wear XLs in most of my sports clothes. in adidas authentic, that means 54 fits well, 56 fits and gives more room. in fanatics, that's an XL. to @Michael Bolton: why should i change, he's the one who sucks?!?! but in all seriousness, if large NFL/NBA jerseys swim on you, then i'd get a medium.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:29 PM, WSU151 said:

I don't think I've ever washed a jersey "regularly". Once...maybe twice...if that.

Good point.  This has happened to me with NBA and NCCA team shorts.  Hockey jerseys are rarely washed if just worn as fan wear, so I guess that makes them a different consideration.

1 hour ago, THeavyweight said:

Slightly unrelated. What're the thoughts on the NBA Jerseys Nike vs Fanatics? Didn't know if that warranted a new thread

I don’t have either. I’m looking to get a nike one soon and from seeing them in person they’re good quality. The fanatics ones however look very bad quality and actually look like the free jerseys you would receive as a giveaway at a game. 

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

15 hours ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

I don’t have either. I’m looking to get a nike one soon and from seeing them in person they’re good quality. The fanatics ones however look very bad quality and actually look like the free jerseys you would receive as a giveaway at a game. 

agree with this. i have seen (not worn) nike replicas in person. haven't seen the fanatics replicas in person, but from the product photos online, they look abysmal. $40 extra is a decent chunk of change, but i think it's worth it to just get a nike.

as long as we're on the subject, i had one NFL fanatics replica, and i hated it. those run HUGE, so if you size up in nike NFL replicas, don't on fanatics.

so my final thoughts on the subject would be:

NHL - fanatics are passable-to-actually pretty good, but send it out for authentic customization.
NBA - go with nike

NFL - go with nike

Sorry to not give any info on fanatics jerseys, but I bought a penguins hoodie just recently. $50 so it wasn’t cheap. It’s a $5 hoodie from Walmart with cheap screen printing. The print was diagonal, so they exchanged it for me. I only did an exchange cause it was yellow and I didn’t have yellow. I’m afraid to wear it cause I’m sure after one or two washes, you’d think I wore it to bed as pajamas. Will never buy from them again.

KISSwall09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The NHL International Shop finally got the Adidas Ducks thirds in - just in time for Black Friday, of course. £116.25, down from the regular price of £155. Either way is much better than dealing with the expenses of importing this thing.

The size charts are throwing me off and there doesn't seem to be a solid comparison between these and the Reebok replicas, but I'm going to play it safe and go a size up as people are recommending.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Sizing, from personal experience as someone who wears an American Large in shirts and whatnot:

CCM 6100: 48

Reebok 6100: 46

Reebok 7187 (Edge 1.0): 52

Reebok 7287 (Canadian Edge 2.0): 50

Adidas Indonesian Fauxthentic: 52

Adidas also has a size chart on their own store that can help you figure things out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived