Different Teams, Same Elements

I bet there's a thread for this already, but I was inspired to make this after seeing that the old Avalanche jerseys and the Islanders' Fish Sticks jerseys used, for at least a short time, the same font on their alternate captain patches.

Image result for islanders alternate captain 1995

Image result for colorado avalanche alternate captain patch

(I know the Isles' patch looks taller, but that's because of the angle of the photo)

Do you have any other things two teams did at the same time?

11 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I bet there's a thread for this already, but I was inspired to make this after seeing that the old Avalanche jerseys and the Islanders' Fish Sticks jerseys used, for at least a short time, the same font on their alternate captain patches.

Image result for islanders alternate captain 1995

Image result for colorado avalanche alternate captain patch

(I know the Isles' patch looks taller, but that's because of the angle of the photo)

Do you have any other things two teams (In the same league, of course) did at the same time?

Those are very similar, but not quite the same.

1.  The extension of the crossbar(?) angles down on the Islanders A, but goes is straight/horizontal on the Avalanche A.

2.  There are serifs on the bottom of the Avalanche A.

3.  The right line on the Islanders A is straight (i.e., at a 90 degree angle to the top and bottom of the letter, while the right line on the Avalanche A is angled slightly to the left.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Same league would be tough. The Reds and Twins use a VERY similar C logo, which also looks a lot like the Chicago Bears. 

reds.bears.twins.same.logos.jpg

Inter-league or across sports has a ton more examples. Georgia-Grambling-Packers comes to mind immediately. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Do the Princeton-Michigan-Delaware football helmets count if we are going across sports?

I'm drawing a blank within leagues (unless you count things like Braisher stripes or the Ravens/Titans front helmet stripes).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

14 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

unitas+sd+laram+1973+pre+season.jpg

That picture just looks so wrong.

And you forgot . . . august-27-1973-sports-illustrated-cover-

On 10/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, pianoknight said:

Same league would be tough. The Reds and Twins use a VERY similar C logo, which also looks a lot like the Chicago Bears. 

reds.bears.twins.same.logos.jpg

Inter-league or across sports has a ton more examples. Georgia-Grambling-Packers comes to mind immediately. 

Anyone know why the wishbone-C was such a very popular design motif in the first half of the 20th Century? The Indians and Cubs used wishbone-C variants as well:

3978_cleveland_indians-cap-1933.png2541_chicago_cubs-cap-1930.png

Also, of these examples from the major pro leagues, I think the Bears are the only one with an asymmetrical logo--design mistake never corrected or intentional design element? Makes it easy to detect trademark or copyright infringement I suppose.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

9 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Also, of these examples from the major pro leagues, I think the Bears are the only one with an asymmetrical logo--design mistake never corrected or intentional design element? Makes it easy to detect trademark or copyright infringement I suppose.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/12724/the-uni-watch-history-of-the-wishbone-c

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/13132/more-uni-watch-wishbone-c-history

Apparently the wishbone C started with Carroll University in Wisconsin. 

The Bears only started using the wishbone C in the 60s as an homage to the Cubs (as is their name and for a long time they shared Wrigley Field).  I believe their C was modified at some point to prevent a lawsuit, in typical Halas fashion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It used to bug the craps out of me that the Devils and Senators wore basically identical socks as each other. An infinite number of ways a team could stripe a sock and these two did it the exact same. 

tommy-albelin-of-the-new-jersey-devils-cjohn-madden-of-the-new-jersey-devils-pok

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived