BobbyB

NHL Seattle Concepts

I've been working on some ideas lately surrounding the name and logo for the future NHL team in Seattle and I wanted to share them here.

I have shared these with the @SeattleSinBin Twitter account and he has posted them to get feedback from Seattle hockey fans. The response has been mixed, with many people seeming to like the logos, but not responding favorably to the color schemes for either concept (too similar to the Portland Timbers and OKC Thunder for many people's liking). I've always felt that the Seattle navy & neon green color scheme would be great for continuity's sake with the Seahawks and Sounders, but not so great for the sake of originality or differentiating ourselves from the blue & green color palette already being used by the Vancouver Canucks.

Here are the concepts:

Seattle Pilots

DpnKu1oU4AAT5rZ.jpg

Seattle Breakers

DqeHW8tW4AITVzS.jpg

I have a couple other ideas for logos that I plan on exploring for Steelheads and Kraken, and I'll see if I can come up with some other options that are a little more unique to the standard list of names being mentioned for the future NHL team.

Looks good BB...The numbers seem a little cramped up on top of the shoulder with a large area of empty on the upper arm...

Maybe the numbers could slide down onto the arms.

I saw these on the SinBin Twitter a while ago; it's really great work! Both logos are really cool. The Seattle flag S would work great for a logo component, and you've used it really well.

The Pilots logo is clever and clean. Love how the S becomes a motion line. The jersey needs hem striping, but otherwise, solid.

I love the split S for the Breakers. Only complaint is that, compared to the seal, the rest of the logo is super flat. Perhaps you could remove the highlights from the seal if possible. The uniform looks good as is, but I'd love to see striping matching the split S of the logo!

I second the concerns about looking like our rivals, the Timbers and Thunder, but that's an easy fix, IMO.

Maybe, replace light green with teal or sky blue for the Pilots.

Then, replace orange with kelly and/or replace light blue with teal for the Breakers.

Good job! Besides the rival colors, they feel really Seattle!

I always thought the Breakers is an excellent choice for a nostalgic former nickname for Seattle to resurrect.

Maybe focus on the bright green with navy accents instead of the other way when using the 'Seattle' colors will help keep this looking separate from Vancouver? Great concepts, either way.

Or, looking again at the Breakers concept, go 2000's Seahawks with the double blue and add the bright green accent.

Edited by HoopsCoach55
Second thought, didn't want to double post

Me personally, I'm all on board with the pilots logo. Tie in to sounders and seahawks are important for the city to me. 
Also is there any hints of Seattle getting an NHL team?