New Animal Planet Logo

hettinger_rl

NEW                                                                       OLD

animal-planet-logos-2.jpg?w=446&h=299&cr

OLDER                                                                                                                                               NEW

animal_planet_2018_logo_before_after_wit

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I like it, generally.  It kind of looks like a cradle about to fall off the crest of a waterfall, a flourishing wave of Captain Hook's arm, or an eyebrow with a massive bead of sweat forming above it.

It's an upgrade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 10/31/2018 at 2:42 PM, Ice_Cap said:

Did they ever explain why the M in "ANIMAL" was sideways in the last logo?

Graphically, the new logo of Animal Planetembodies the brand - bold, robust and animal-centric. According to the team at Dunning Eley Jones, the agency that developed the logo, the sideways 'M' is the "animal heart of the logo. It is instinctive, gut-driven; it 'feels before it thinks'.”

From the agency that made the logo

On 11/2/2018 at 2:09 PM, Gary. said:

Graphically, the new logo of Animal Planetembodies the brand - bold, robust and animal-centric. According to the team at Dunning Eley Jones, the agency that developed the logo, the sideways 'M' is the "animal heart of the logo. It is instinctive, gut-driven; it 'feels before it thinks'.”

1322.gif

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

GOOD. The old one with the ransom note type was one of my least favorite logos of the last decade. 

That whole trend of skewing letters to different sizes and widths lasted a brief time, but it really :censored:ed with some brands and I'm glad to see the return to sanity. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Something like this would have been better, IMO. 

Tired of the over-thought, minimalist design with abstract imagery and all-lowercase fonts.

abstract-elephant-logo-white-background-

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That’s dumb. 

Blue? It Needs green.

Green is more the color of land. Blue could be either the color of the sky or the sea. Elephants don't live underwater or in the clouds. The Animal Planet logo should represent the scenery of jungles and landscapes. So that's why I think green would have been the more appropriate choice of color.

The blue logo would be better suited for a channel dedicated to sea creatures or such.

that was about the worst way to form that thought, lol. the specifics of that quote aside, the idea behind it is sound. look what's going on with the type— "animal" is wild and a bit chaotic, while "planet" provides the appropriate contrast of order. the M or the A could have been highlighted in green, it doesn't matter, but using the M does draw you into that one really crazy letter at the center and is an excellent mnemonic device. i'd say this was a vastly under appreciated logo. 

the new one's wordmark isnt even given a thought; its so amateurish it's painful. just setting it and forgetting it as a good junior designer does. that elephant? i dont know, there's something whimsical and likable about a jumping or flying elephant, but is this fantasy really what AP wants to express? arn't they a little more driven towards education and #NatureIsMetal than children's fairy tales? i just don't like the rendering of this elephant at all. its very abstract and barely passes for anything recognizable. i think they really missed with this one

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 1 month later...

I actually don't like it. It's an upgrade, because nearly anything would have been an upgrade, but this doesn't feel like it fits the brand to me. Though I do like the shade of blue. Are we supposed to be reading a (very) abstract "AP" in the logo? 

18 hours ago, DDR said:

I actually don't like it. It's an upgrade, because nearly anything would have been an upgrade, but this doesn't feel like it fits the brand to me. Though I do like the shade of blue. Are we supposed to be reading a (very) abstract "AP" in the logo? 

I see a rising sun in the negative space.

But a "P"? There's a little too much abstraction to form a clear A or a P, imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived