WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About as official as it gets, since it was found on mlsstore.com

03a2da58-a9dc-409b-ba9f-2da4a085eb0d.svg

https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1060984926655447040

DrlgHL8W4AEric3.jpg

Huge improvement over their previous crest imo, the proportions on that are just bizarre...

1200px-FC_Cincinnati_blue_on_orange_shie

I think they should have gone with "FC Cincy" since Cincy is easier to fit on a crest.  Even the new crest looks a bit too "wide" and that's with Cincinnati being diagonal. I suspect that's part of the reason the Indianapolis team went with the name "Indy Eleven" and why the San Jose Earthquakes crest just says "Quakes"....

Ooh, good spot. Honestly, that's a fantastic crest. My only minor nitpick is that the slant effect on the "FC" letters is precious and doesn't fit in the way the designer wants it to. But that's a great look, familiar enough but stands out in the crowd and asserts a distinctive brand.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I think it’s pretty good, but could be better. I don’t like the shape of the crest or the font (it feels very 2000s). It’s definitely an upgrade over the old crest, and I’m glad they continued the use of the lion. Also, is a pentagon historically relevant to Cincinnati?

If I were rating them, I would probably put this in the middle tier of MLS crests. Definitely a far cry from the Revs and Dallas (I also put NYRB and RSL in this tier for having terrible branding), but not on the level of what I’d call some of the league’s best: NYC, Toronto, Philly, LAFC, Orlando, etc. It just feels a bit empty right now.

Now the next step for them is to nail their kits. Establish an ownable look. Too many teams in this league have bland and generic kits from year to year. I want to see more kits like Atlanta (stripes), NYC (unique colors with contrasting shorts), and the LA Galaxy (sash).

Honestly I could seem them going straight royal blue. It's strange to me that no one has stuck with that color, such a classic soccer color to me a la Chelsea or Everton or Italy's national team. Kansas City ditched it years ago, Montreal and San Jose both insist on lots of black.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So this is what MLS could look like in 2020. 

Not bad, not bad at all.

GXHv6gR.png

I’m still expecting the Timbers to officially swap out the lime green on their primary logo with gold at some point (hopefully by next season??), which would also cause their official version of the MLS badge to change as well. I’ve speculated in the past that the reason they haven’t made the switch to gold full time yet is that the league might have a rule about how often a team can change their primary logo. They changed their primary logo from the version with the team name to the version without it back in 2015, so if there’s, say, a five year rule about changing primary logos, then the change might not become official for a couple more years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That Cincinnati logo looks really solid minus one little detail- 

The 'FC' is incorporated very awkwardly in the corner and the position and scale is just odd. It feels tacked on because it probably was. I wish that the lion got to take more attention over the 'Cincinnati' wordmark because it's such a nice logo. Still, these are minor gripes and the MLS is on a hot streak for good crests. I can only hope that Nashville can keep the streak alive. 

spacer.png

That Cincinnati crest looks like it should be on a sign outside a gas station. (This is not a criticism, just looks like a 1950s-ish era logo you'd see on old memorabilia)

liverpool-1.png

OT: What exactly is wrong with generic white and black soccer balls? I just don't understand how non-traditional ball designs became the norm in soccer of all sports.

2018-Primary-19MLS_Matchball-1280x553.jp

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

OT: What exactly is wrong with generic white and black soccer balls? I just don't understand how non-traditional ball designs became the norm in soccer of all sports.

2018-Primary-19MLS_Matchball-1280x553.jp

Technology evolves. 

It’s a similar story with volleyball. I can’t think of the last time I used an old-school 18-panel volleyball, let alone one that was just white. The colored balls make it so much easier to see the ball and read the spin, plus the new paneling makes the ball fly more true. With newer materials, the balls stay rounder longer and have a better feel to then the old leather balls. 

427304_a_1024x1024.png

Molten-Volleyball-V5M5000-3N-Large__6293

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

DrprrJ6WwAEmFMa.jpg:large

I like the new look and Im glad they still have a lion. A twitter user actually noticed some subtle nods to Cincinnati. The lions tail forms a C. The lions back follows the rough outline of the Ohio River. The lion is divided into seven segments, a nod to the "seven hills" of Cincinnati. (In reality Cincinnati has more than seven hills but its folk lore).

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived