MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

So unsure of what I am doing right now since I rarely ever *start* topics, so if I put this in the wrong place just a gentle reminder if you'd please!

But I am an LAFC fan, took that fat L, so this seems like a decent time to attempt to kickstart the 2019 MLS kit design thread.

All I really want is for Adidas to tone it down on the grey-scale kits, and make the YT-TV logo on LAFC's kits all-gold and I think I'd be set but what does everyone else want to see? Anyone else heard any juicy rumors? 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TaylorMade said:

The Sounders announced last August (2017) that they were in the market for a new kit sponsor starting next year. I haven't heard anything since. 

Think it could end up being Amazon? Seeing Seattle without Xbox will be weird tho.

spacer.png

Merritt Paulson hinted on Twitter back in January that the Timbers’ new primary kit for next season will include hoops:

B3r0cpv.jpg

He hinted at this again just a couple of weeks ago:

c2z1rxwobls11.png

I made this concept several months ago of what I’m thinking/hoping it might end up looking like:

Jg2Qpyq.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

There were reports that DC United was in talks with Amazon to be the next kit sponsor.

Also DC United should be getting a new white/secondary kit in 2019.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

So unsure of what I am doing right now since I rarely ever *start* topics, so if I put this in the wrong place just a gentle reminder if you'd please!

But I am an LAFC fan, took that fat L, so this seems like a decent time to attempt to kickstart the 2019 MLS kit design thread.

All I really want is for Adidas to tone it down on the grey-scale kits, and make the YT-TV logo on LAFC's kits all-gold and I think I'd be set but what does everyone else want to see? Anyone else heard any juicy rumors? 

Since MLS teams change one kit each season and the white LAFC kit has an "inaugural season" logo, I'm guessing the black stays as/is and the white gets replaced.  Maybe white/gold stripes? 

4 hours ago, swilson160 said:

Since MLS teams change one kit each season and the white LAFC kit has an "inaugural season" logo, I'm guessing the black stays as/is and the white gets replaced.

I too expect the black to stay, but it’s worth pointing out that NYCFC’s inaugural blue shirts also had an “inaugural season” logo which was dropped for the second year without changing anything else.  LAFC could easily do the same.

So I went through and found out what kits each club is likely to replace for 2019:

ATL - Primary

Chicago - Secondary

Cincy - obviously Both

Rapids - Secondary (seriously doubt they drop the state-flag motif)

Crew - Primary

DC - Secondary (finally)

Dallas - Secondary

Houston - Primary (sponsor?)

LAFC - ?? (I think they replace the secondary first but that's preference speaking)

Galaxy - Secondary

Minny - Secondary

MTL - Both? (since they kept both kits from 2017 for 2018)

NE - Secondary

NYC - Primary

Red Bulls - Primary

Orlando - Primary

PHL - Secondary

Timbers - Primary (really hope they keep the dark green and bronze-gold motif)

RSL - Secondary

SJ - Primary

Seattle - Secondary

KC - Primary

Toronto - Primary

Vancouver - Primary

spacer.png

Atlanta United has branded themselves as "The 5 Stripes", so I'm interested to see how they handle changing up primary kits. I'd love to see them play around a bit like what Barca does. Maybe one time its five thinner stripes down the middle of a red jersey, maybe they do hoops another cycle, diagonal lines, whatever. As long as there's 5 stripes I'd like to see them play around with the design a bit. That being said, they knocked their first kit out of the park.

I’m rooting for a Sounder Blue alternate for the Sounders. They haven’t had one since their inaugural MLS kits — long overdue.

Sponsor-wise if it’s not XBox I’d actually put my money on Delta... that is if MLS allows another domestic carrier outside of Alaska to be a kit sponsor. But with Etihad on NYCFC it’s clear they will at least do deals with multiple airlines. But Delta has been working hard to pry local market share away from Alaska and they have a big sponsorship deal already with SSFC.

Side note: It kind of bugs me Alaska sponsors the Timbers given their corporate HQ is in Seattle and SeaTac is their primary hub.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Source is quite erm... official so I don't know if I should exactly say what it is,lol. Sort of a retailer tool. They've also got a couple more MLS kits listed (sadly not everything) but I thought I'd only answer the questions people were asking for now. Nothing about Atlanta at the moment,sorry.

Archived