MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Miami starts play in 2020, which is technically next year. 

Fair enough......but then we haven't seen Nashville's graphics yet and they are to play "next year" as well. They could very well bring down the whole league.😋

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Digby said:

Still think metallic gold and dark green is a bit too drab for Portland! My kingdom for neither that nor highlighter green.

74d7dbd89c7a355280b58594a9c821cb--shower

Yeah, I can see why you, and probably some others feel that way about the metallic/brassy gold. Athletic gold would offer more contrast and would be a bit brighter. Personally I think the metallic/brassy gold is the perfect accent color for them, though, and I think most other Timbers fans agree. The brassy gold paired with the dark green is a more distinctive color scheme and is more in line with what the original NASL Timbers used. I think they’ve been smart to transition to the gold and a more retro-inspired aesthetic overall. And for reference, here’s the gold color that ColorWerx (now TruColor) has for the original NASL Timbers:

background-DAAA00.svg

Definitely a bit more golden than athletic gold, and pretty close (maybe even the same) to what the club is using now:

Dv7eq75VAAAwJIo?format=jpg&name=900x900

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It definitely looks better on the jerseys; that sort of metallic-ness never shows up ideally in digital graphic form anyway (see also Philadelphia Union, no matter what shade they've used in their crest).

Or I'll take my unpopular MLS color opinions to the grave with me. Portland needs athletic gold! New England needs a healthy dose of red as a secondary color! Too much light blue everywhere!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

34 minutes ago, Digby said:

New England needs a healthy dose of red as a secondary color! Too much light blue everywhere!

Definitely agree with you there. Their last two primary kits before the current one were steps in the right direction, and I didn’t even mind the red-heavy secondary kits from 2015/16 and 2017/18, either. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not exactly "metallic", but I do have the new color palette:

PortlandTimbers_FRC01_2019-9999_SOLCOA_S

(Not 100% certain on the color descriptions/names.)

...as opposed to the former NASL palette:

PortlandTimbers_FRC01_1975-1982_SOLCOA_S

These are confirmed colors; for those who don't know me, all of the Hex and RGB values I put up on my site correspond with current PANTONE Digital standards.

That older palette was taken from an official Timbers logo sheet I obtained a few years back. As official as it gets.

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

Not exactly "metallic", but I do have the new color palette:

PortlandTimbers_FRC01_2019-9999_SOLCOA_S

(Not 100% certain on the color descriptions/names.)

...as opposed to the former NASL palette:

PortlandTimbers_FRC01_1975-1982_SOLCOA_S

These are confirmed colors; for those who don't know me, all of the Hex and RGB values I put up on my site correspond with current PANTONE Digital standards.

That older palette was taken from an official Timbers logo sheet I obtained a few years back. As official as it gets.

That’s good to know, both about the new color palette and the former NASL palette. Seeing both of the golds there, I’m surprised the new official gold color is that much darker than the NASL gold. As far as the color names/descriptions go, I’m pretty sure the green will still be called “Ponderosa Green”. For the gold, they’ve referred to it as “Ravens Gold” with their past two kit releases, so that’s likely what they’re calling it still.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 1/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, hendocfc said:

That's not how to Ajax,New England. That's definitely not how to Ajax. The broad centre stripe is a classic footy motif... but this is drab. Would look much better in the actual Ajax colour scheme actually.

Southampton did this in the 80s (then repeated it last year for their primary kit), and it was truly wonderful:

southampton-1981-keegan.png

6fQjS3M.png

23 hours ago, Digby said:

Still think metallic gold and dark green is a bit too drab for Portland! My kingdom for neither that nor highlighter green.

74d7dbd89c7a355280b58594a9c821cb--shower

I've always been partial to the scheme Portland used on that first third kit. Maybe a little more athletic gold than yellow, but I prefer the brighter colors here to what they've done since.

2012-Third.0.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

Archived