MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Digby said:

No offense and I realize this is all extremely hypothetical anyway, but I don’t think dropping Columbus from the name would be the right move for the club that’s now faced with overdue maintenance to its community ties.

I mean fair play. Think they have bigger fish to fry, mostly I think it's fun to hypothesize of spitball ideas and the concept of having a team really go full-on with the German club style is just cool. I'm not as big a supporter of this Crew business in general as everyone else, I think it's dope we get to have both the Crew and Austin, but I'm not their biggest supporter.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Digby said:

No offense and I realize this is all extremely hypothetical anyway, but I don’t think dropping Columbus from the name would be the right move for the club that’s now faced with overdue maintenance to its community ties.

Oh, I wouldn't presume they would drop Columbus from the name. I'd think they'd just replace the "SC" with "96."

So it looks like we'll be getting the actual FC Cincy uniforms next month. The placeholder jersey also has what should be the ad on the front of the Inaugural Jerseys with Mercy Health taking the spot.

2 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

Draft would honestly be a good opportunity for clubs to launch their new kits but I suppose I understand why they'd want people to focus in the picks and not the duds they might be wearing.

The superdraft isn't a big thing like it is in other major sports. There's even talk that it may go away in the near future. Probably not the best event to unveil a new kit.

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

That looks like the inner neckline with a light blue collar. The loon on the upper neck.

Yep, you're totally right. I just looked at both of my Minnesota MLS jerseys and they all have a small Adidas logo inside the neckline on the back like that. Honestly I'm disappointed it is a white jersey. Was hoping for an all blue kit like they've historically worn as Minnesota United before the MLS. 

3 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

So Atl is bringing back the same exact away kit?

Yes, MLS clubs only change one kit per season. They are getting a new primary kit this year, meaning that last season’s secondary is carried over into this upcoming season. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Yes. Teams get new home/away kits every other year, so since the white/orange away kits came last year they will change the home this year (as that was from 2017).

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Yeah, thats how it works in MLS. They replace one kit every year, and it goes back and forth (Home, Away, Home, Away, etc) so since in 2018 they introduced that away kit, they'll keep it again for 2019 and the home kit gets replaced since that came out in 2017.

So ATL will have a new away kit for 2020.

spacer.png

Here’s an updated mockup of what the full Whitecaps home kit could look like:

U7oCOgo.jpg

In the leaked photo it looked like the chest stripe continued onto the back of the shirt, but it remains to be seen exactly how that’ll work with the numbers.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

In all my time following MLS kits I have never noticed how they do kit changes, my mind is lowkey blown right now lol

It hasn't always been this way. Adidas used to do some special third kits for teams, but they no longer do.

I can't find any actual MLS uniform history websites, but I did find this:

As recently as 2015, MLS still had third jerseys. I believe this was the year Columbus switched from gold to white primary shirts.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, WBeltz said:

So it looks like we'll be getting the actual FC Cincy uniforms next month. The placeholder jersey also has what should be the ad on the front of the Inaugural Jerseys with Mercy Health taking the spot.

Sounders used a blank kit as their new sponsor has not been announced yet.

usa_today_11977627.0.jpg

Archived