MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

2 hours ago, sonny said:

Feel bad for Austinites as they have to deal with this D bag of an owner. 

True enough. 

But as a 30-year Arsenal fan whose club is owned by Man City, you build for the long term. The club is not the owner, and few of us have the luxury of really loving our ownership. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I saw the Austin announcement yesterday.  We have both their crest and their MLS shield. 

20190115-165729-Dw_DT3NU0AEsXPa.jpg

I’ll try to add them today. 

No idea about Nashville, though. 

Very interesting that for the backdrop they have the Green Tree-on-Black Shield logo which seems to be the primary, but on their scarfs (scarves?) it's a Black Tree-on-Green Shield.

In the end, glad he's not with the charter member with the threat of moving them and destroying that legacy.  Good luck in Austin. 

Now who will be #28 or will they revive the Central Conference for even distribution among the teams (and create a new Texas Triangle for MLS)

That photo negative version is odd.  I would never let my club do that - few complicated logos look good with the colors reversed.  Different colors have different weights, they interact differently based on their proportions, and a beautiful design can be ruined. 

58 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Very interesting that for the backdrop they have the Green Tree-on-Black Shield logo which seems to be the primary, but on their scarfs (scarves?) it's a Black Tree-on-Green Shield.

In the end, glad he's not with the charter member with the threat of moving them and destroying that legacy.  Good luck in Austin. 

Now who will be #28 or will they revive the Central Conference for even distribution among the teams (and create a new Texas Triangle for MLS)

Yeah, it seems like keeping Columbus makes for a less natural conference split in the near future. With Miami and Nashville both coming online next year, I'd imagine either Chicago or that new Nashville team get kicked to the West. Chicago seems more likely because I'd like to see a Nashville/Atlanta local-ish rivalry. That said, I can also see MLS going one super awkward year with two extra teams in the East, if team 28 ends up being Western and they along with Austin even out the conferences again in 2021.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

I think we'd be looking at St. Louis, Louisville or Phoenix. I think the plan is to stop at 32 and have two conferences of 16. Any more than that and you will see an implosion in talent unless there's a significant rise in the salary cap or DP slots.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the plan is to stop at 32 and have two conferences of 16. Any more than that and you will see an implosion in talent unless there's a significant rise in the salary cap or DP slots.  

I think that's a given.  As the league grows, income grows, and the salary cap will rise commensurate with that growth.

I still think that in fifteen years we'll be closer to 40 clubs than 32.

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Hot damn, this is going to be a good-looking league.

kR7zDff.png

Agreed, it will be a very good-looking league indeed. Just a little nitpick, though, as LAFC changed their official version of the MLS badge to this:

lafc_2018_home_jersey_blk_gld_3.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Looking at that graphic of the branding breadth of the league...some colors we're missing:

@Teal

Brown (dark and light)

Magenta?

Burnt Orange

Volt?

Dark Purple

Dark Grey

Coral?

Bronze?

Here's hoping Nashville incorporates some of those in their branding.

I'm living in St. Louis now, where the MLS is push is aggressive and well supported. 

The marketing initiative is using royal, red and yellow -- not dissimilar from RSL. But the USL club uses a navy and emerald green logo that I think would stand out, even with Portland, Austin and Seattle all using varying shades of green. 

48 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Much better.  Can't believe I missed that.  When did they do that?

I believe they did it shortly before unveiling their inaugural kits last year. If I remember right they started using it on some promotional graphics, and then it was on the home kit as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

19oEV2A.png

Austin really nailed that green.

I'm personally excited to see what they do with the kits themselves, I'm hoping for a Green/White Striped shirt (ala Real Bettis) paired with either black or green shorts. I think they'll look really good, but I would hope they don't fall to using a black clash kit like Houston usually does.

12 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

19oEV2A.png

Austin really nailed that green.

No kidding. I was noticing that in Gothamite's matrix, the Sounders rave green all of a sudden looked kind of drab.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

No kidding. I was noticing that in Gothamite's matrix, the Sounders rave green all of a sudden looked kind of drab.

Me too! And I’m a Sounder supporter. I think the Sounders need to refresh our colors... brighten the green a bit. I would say darken the blue but I actually really love that shade.

Also: If Austin goes burnt orange with their secondary kit they instantly become my 2nd favorite MLS side.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived