MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

21 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Money wise sure, but I guess you'd have to be in the environment to get where I'm coming from as it's hard to explain. On its own it's totally fine, but for me it's just another alienating straw on this camel's back. We'll see where it goes though.

You're way overblowing this. Interest was low the last two seasons when the Sounders were at the bottom of the standings. Once they started winning again, the crowds came back. That doesn't speak well of Seattle soccer fandom, but it also doesn't speak poorly of what the Sounders have been doing.

Seattle plays for the midseason transfer window. That's just how it goes. Once we sign Luis Suarez this summer, there will be tons of people in the stands again and you'll be able to resell your season tickets at a profit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Or just follow the same idea for all of their teams. It looks pretty bad when you compare them to the bigger teams adidas outfits.

I’m not disagreeing with you there, it definitely does look much better with the team/country name in the stripe as opposed to the “official garment” wording. But the fact is that Adidas can save time and money by just having the MLS jackets be recolored versions of the basic template instead of having the team name inserted in the stripe for all 24 clubs. In general, Adidas offers more exclusive/customized gear for their premier clubs and national teams, and also more extensive product lines as well. With MLS Adidas mainly just sticks to the basics for all of the gear except for the kits, primarily because it’s much more time and cost effective than producing wholly-customized and exclusive gear for all 24 (soon to be more) MLS clubs that they have to outfit. The kits are where Adidas has been willing to work with the clubs to produce fully customized designs, though even that seems to have diminished in recent years. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’m honestly curious. What about this sponsorship turns you off of the club?

I speak as a supporter who hates his own club’s jersey sponsor. With a passion. 

I see it as a backward move (even though I understand the team is making more money). The Cascadia rivals have giants Bell and Alaska Air, and the Sounders go from world-wide giant Microsoft XBOX to upstart Zulily? I would have thought, given the Sounders consider themselves as the big brother of the region, they'd have gone with T-Mobile or Amazon that would keep them at least on par with their rival sponsors.

28 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

You're way overblowing this. Interest was low the last two seasons when the Sounders were at the bottom of the standings. Once they started winning again, the crowds came back. That doesn't speak well of Seattle soccer fandom, but it also doesn't speak poorly of what the Sounders have been doing.

I didn't see that when I was there, or when I wasn't and tried to sell my tickets to the last game of the season and couldn't. Stadium just isn't the same, lots of empty seats and not near as loud as it was. Overall buzz is gone. Besides up and down play, I think the main issue is the sanitizing of the crowd and game day experience. It wasn't ever dangerous but there was an edge that's been lost.

Found a few more kit leaks from MLS media day today. First off, here’s the shorts and socks of the Dynamo’s new primary kit:

sYvOIml.jpg

Looks like their new primary will be a departure from the traditional orange/white/orange and will instead be mono-orange with black accents instead of white. 

And here’s a couple looks at some new red shorts and socks for the Red Bulls, and a glimpse at a new white jersey under Kaku’s jacket:

65qxB02.jpg

Rd1dkqT.jpg

Since all of the players at MLS media day wear their respective teams’ primary kits, the Red Bulls must be keeping the white shirts/red shorts combo as their official primary, even though there was some speculation that they’d make their red kits the primaries going forward.

Lastly, and this is the one I’m most excited/intrigued by, is the shorts and socks of the Crew’s new primary:

XSNFmjQ.jpg

Those socks are awesome with the checkered pattern around the calves. I can’t wait to see what the shirt looks like now.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I didn't see that when I was there, or when I wasn't and tried to sell my tickets to the last game of the season and couldn't. Stadium just isn't the same, lots of empty seats and not near as loud as it was. Overall buzz is gone. Besides up and down play, I think the main issue is the sanitizing of the crowd and game day experience. It wasn't ever dangerous but there was an edge that's been lost.

Okay, thanks for your other reply but now I’m really wondering what exactly this means. 

On January 18, 2019 at 6:45 PM, hawk36 said:

Well they pulled a rabbit out of the hat for the last 3 seasons. All things considered we are more fortunate than most for sure.

But... it's been a gradual degradation of the relationship between the front office and the fanbase. The neutering year after year of the once rockus ECS supporters group (can't risk offending anyone) and then the ongoing increase of in-match entertainment seemingly meant to keep the interest of casual soccer fans has made a one-time hot ticket experience ho hum. Whereas my tickets would sell instantly in years past, the last 2 seasons I've had to eat tickets I can't use as they just don't sell anymore. 

So, I guess my point is I'd rather the team concentrate on getting back to a true, first-rate soccer experience that has some grit, teeth and leave the fuzzy feel good stuff alone. This sponsorship deal just seems like yet another step away from hard core soccer. 

*Weeps in Colorado Rapid*

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I see it as a backward move (even though I understand the team is making more money). The Cascadia rivals have giants Bell and Alaska Air, and the Sounders go from world-wide giant Microsoft XBOX to upstart Zulily? I would have thought, given the Sounders consider themselves as the big brother of the region, they'd have gone with T-Mobile or Amazon that would keep them at least on par with their rival sponsors.

I mean, you gotta go with who’s offering you the money, though. Maybe T-Mobile or Amazon just don’t see a need to be advertising on a soccer team’s shirt?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

A couple looks at the shorts, and a slight glimpse at the socks of the Timbers’ new home kit (and also the new anthem jacket):

DxYGwi-U8AAbhKd?format=jpg&name=large

FxwaCJY.jpg

The white Adidas logo on the shorts is a bit puzzling to me, especially since it looks like they’ll be using gold for the names and numbers again. I would’ve expected the color of the Adidas logo to match the color of the names/numbers. I’m guessing they made the Adidas logo white to match the axe in the crest, the white in the MLS badges on the sleeves of the shirt, and white sleeve cuffs. I think the Alaska logo will likely still be gold to match the names/numbers, but I could also see it being white as well (I’d prefer gold to match the names/numbers). In any case, here’s a few updated mockups to show what I think are the most likely options of what the full kit will look like:

56fAAnD.jpgqqpBGIw.jpgN1vBXYg.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

A couple looks at the shorts, and a slight glimpse at the socks of the Timbers’ new home kit (and also the new anthem jacket):

DxYGwi-U8AAbhKd?format=jpg&name=large

FxwaCJY.jpg

I :censored:ing HATE that jacket.

All I wanted was a navy jacket with sky blue stripes down the sleeves.  This is so close but so awful.  “Official jacket” in multiple languages down the stripe?  That’s even dumber than “PROPERTY OF”. 

Just now, Gothamite said:

I :censored:ing HATE that jacket.

All I wanted was a navy jacket with sky blue stripes down the sleeves.  This is so close but so awful.  “Official jacket” in many languages down the stripe?  That’s even dumber than “PROPERTY OF”. 

Yea. I thought it said the city name down the sides which would have been acceptable. Whatever it has now tuins the jacket

Archived