MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

RB with the grey will be interesting. Not opposed to it on principle but depends on the execution, naturally.

Portland embracing the darker gold is great. If they had gone classic Timbers athletic then even better but this is an improvement on whatever weird shade of yellow they were trotting out before.

Man, though, LAFC really making me wait on even a tease for the new strip. MTL too. Damn. Speaking of MTL, does anyone know what the deal is with their new set(s)? Last year I know they kept both from 2017 but changed the number colors. Are they getting two new kits this year then? 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ManuelCh said:

I really hope that Galaxy comes up with something different this year for their secondary. 

YGY from their inception would be a good look. Adding third jerseys would help these teams too but requiring them to show they can sell a certain amount of each jersey is why that hasn't happened. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Kind of a pet peeve when teams have two light (or two dark) kits, but that might work with a deep shade of golden yellow. It would look good, at any rate.

Would love to see Galaxy bring back the teal kit too, but perhaps unlikely -- they seem like one of the teams that hates to go "out there" for their secondaries.

LA-CCC.jpg?null&itok=f6sSmEnb&c=ef012cc4

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

RB with the grey will be interesting. Not opposed to it on principle but depends on the execution, naturally.

Portland embracing the darker gold is great. If they had gone classic Timbers athletic then even better but this is an improvement on whatever weird shade of yellow they were trotting out before.

Man, though, LAFC really making me wait on even a tease for the new strip. MTL too. Damn. Speaking of MTL, does anyone know what the deal is with their new set(s)? Last year I know they kept both from 2017 but changed the number colors. Are they getting two new kits this year then? 

I believe it was mentioned last year at some point that they would do new home kits this year, followed by clash kits the year after.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Kind of a pet peeve when teams have two light (or two dark) kits, but that might work with a deep shade of golden yellow. It would look good, at any rate.

Would love to see Galaxy bring back the teal kit too, but perhaps unlikely -- they seem like one of the teams that hates to go "out there" for their secondaries.

LA-CCC.jpg?null&itok=f6sSmEnb&c=ef012cc4

I liked this shirt from 2014 as a nice blend of new and old:

gyasi-zardes-la-galaxy-mls.jpg

th?id=OIP.hGuIWdKqcvTGOm3UGLv9lQHaEL&pid

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

LA's kits will never look good until they get a shirt sponsor that isn't complete :censored:. It's beyond bush league that the league continues to tolerate pyramid schemes as shirt sponsors.

Then again, even big leagues in Europe tolerate companies that are just as bad, if not worse, so yeah...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

25 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Can't find the picture at the moment; but I momentarily found Orlando City's shorts/socks on an Instagram story. Seemed to be similar to Toronto with self-coloured adidas stripe details.

I was able to find this image on IG:

6tYzkp5.jpg

You’re right, it looks like the shorts and socks have tonal Adidas stripes. You can also see that the jersey has the graphic print from Spain’s WC away shirt:

Spain-2018-World-Cup-Away-Football-Shirt

The same IG user (@diegoarmando323) also had a few more images of interest. First, another look at the shorts (and a slight glimpse at the shirt) of RBNY’s new kit:

0Z4tncy.jpg

Looks like the shirt will have a subtle graphic print, though I can’t quite make out what it is.

Next, there’s this shot that gives another, more complete look at the shorts and socks (and bottom of the shirt) of NYCFC’s new primary kit:

w3Z6rkV.jpg

This shot gives another good look at the shorts and socks of the Crew’s new primary:

oqXC79l.jpg

Cant really see much on the shirt, but it doesn’t look like the Adidas stripes are on the side, meaning they must be on the shoulders.

And then here’s yet another look at the shorts and socks (and the bottom of the shirt) of the Timbers’ new primary:

NibPtxq.jpg

Lastly (and this one didn’t come from that IG user), I was able to find this shot of the shorts and socks of Montreal’s new primary:

4hvzbs9.jpg

Looks like the socks will switch from blue to black, while the shorts will essentially stay the same (technically Piatti is wearing the old shorts, but chances are the new ones will look almost identical). You can also see a tiny bit of the shirt, which looks to have the Adidas stripes along the sides. You can’t see any vertical stripes or anything, which is a bit worrying. Also of note from that pic is that Zlatan’s jacket has five stars above the Galaxy crest. Makes me wonder if the league updated their star convention again, allowing the Galaxy to have five stars again instead of the single gold star.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, WarriorFight said:

Honestly, I'm hoping MTL does something like Crystal Palace primary now where it's a solid foundation, then the stripes kind of rise up from it like a gradiant. Think that could look class.

Some of their social media graphics have this pattern in the background:

50340715_10157078222295979_6812495121381

That may or may not have anything to do with the design of the new kit, but if it does it looks to be the same design (except in blue) as AC Milan’s 2016/17 home shirt:

milan-16-17-home-kit-2-624x987.jpg?MOD=A

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That may or may not have anything to do with the design of the new kit, but if it does it looks to be the same design (except in blue) as AC Milan’s 2016/17 home shirt:

Oh so adidas are really not arsed!

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

50340715_10157078222295979_6812495121381

milan-16-17-home-kit-2-624x987.jpg?MOD=A

That was exactly what I wanted them to do, almost to the T. I mean it sucks that it's reused but all these manufacturers re-use assets all the time, I think MTL's kit would look class if that was what it ended up being like.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

6tYzkp5.jpg

You’re right, it looks like the shorts and socks have tonal Adidas stripes. You can also see that the jersey has the graphic print from Spain’s WC away shirt:

Looks like the “more white” rumors were dead wrong. I’ll wait to see the final product, but I’m not liking that Orlando kit so far. Those socks are horrific.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

6tYzkp5.jpg

The same IG user (@diegoarmando323) also had a few more images of interest. First, another look at the shorts (and a slight glimpse at the shirt) of RBNY’s new kit:

0Z4tncy.jpg

Looks like the shirt will have a subtle graphic print, though I can’t quite make out what it is.

Next, there’s this shot that gives another, more complete look at the shorts and socks (and bottom of the shirt) of NYCFC’s new primary kit:

w3Z6rkV.jpg

This shot gives another good look at the shorts and socks of the Crew’s new primary:

oqXC79l.jpg

Cant really see much on the shirt, but it doesn’t look like the Adidas stripes are on the side, meaning they must be on the shoulders.

And then here’s yet another look at the shorts and socks (and the bottom of the shirt) of the Timbers’ new primary:

NibPtxq.jpg

Lastly (and this one didn’t come from that IG user), I was able to find this shot of the shorts and socks of Montreal’s new primary:

4hvzbs9.jpg

Looks like the socks will switch from blue to black, while the shorts will essentially stay the same (technically Piatti is wearing the old shorts, but chances are the new ones will look almost identical). You can also see a tiny bit of the shirt, which looks to have the Adidas stripes along the sides. You can’t see any vertical stripes or anything, which is a bit worrying. Also of note from that pic is that Zlatan’s jacket has five stars above the Galaxy crest. Makes me wonder if the league updated their star convention again, allowing the Galaxy to have five stars again instead of the single gold star.

Columbus yellow jerseys have had shoulder/sleeve stripes, and the black kits have had side stripes since 2015. They did have shoulder stripes on the home and aways when they rebranded in 2013.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, Gothamite said:

Okay, thanks for your other reply but now I’m really wondering what exactly this means. 

"...wasn't ever dangerous but there was an edge that's been lost."

Obviously stereotyping but hopefully it can help explain. It's when you see a shift from rabid fans, knowledgeable in the sport, drinking beer, and chanting humorous, albeit off color jabs, to more business types, sipping wine, who are offended by the chants and politely ask you to sit down during the match so they can see while sitting. It's just a much more sanitized experience.

Maybe it's just the evolution of the MLS? Who knows. But I much prefer the more raucous atmosphere that was wild, yet safe enough for me to feel comfortable bringing my 9 year old in to. 

Does that make any sense?

Archived