MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a few teasers for the new Union secondary:

Dx6_o6oX0AERjl6?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like the color scheme will probably be monochromatic white and navy, and the shirt will have some sort of tonal line graphic. The shirt also appears to have a navy collar (my guess would be v-neck), and raglan sleeves, meaning the Adidas stripes are down the sides.

Part of me thinks its the Condivo template, but the lines don't look like they match the template design. Otherwise I'm a little upset that Union has dropped their middle stripe from their kits, it was really unique to them and would've looked great to create new ways to jazz it up (i.e. PSG)

40 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Part of me thinks its the Condivo template, but the lines don't look like they match the template design. Otherwise I'm a little upset that Union has dropped their middle stripe from their kits, it was really unique to them and would've looked great to create new ways to jazz it up (i.e. PSG)

I’m pretty positive it’s not the Condivo design, thankfully.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

@PaleVermilion81, I figure you’ll be interested in this. Out of curiosity I took another look at the the latest teaser image for the new Minnesota secondary and messed around with the light settings, which revealed what looks to be a subtle graphic print:OL0X21l.jpg

To me this looks like it could be the same pattern (or at least a very similar pattern) as the one on Atlanta’s current secondary:

atlanta-inited-2018-adidas-away-kit-11.j

With that in mind, as well as the other teaser image we’ve seen, I went ahead and made this early stage mockup of what the Loons’ new kit could end up looking like:

yhB5Q0X.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

That would be just as stale and lifeless as the home kit. Boy the Loons went from being a premier NASL organization to one of the most poorly run MLS teams.

The jump from second division to first is often a very painful and difficult transition.  Fortunately for them they can take the time they need and not have to worry about being sent back down. 

Philadelphia will looks miles better with the one color sponsor.  Their Bimbo ad has always been brutal. 

I had a high school friend get drafted by them a few years ago.  I had decided I'd get the jersey of whatever team he got picked by.  But after seeing the Union and their Bimbo ad I rationalized with myself like hmmm well you know I guess he really was more of a high school acquaintance... and then I didn't get it

90758391980.gif

Union secondary officially unveiled:

CDXM37LSSJBE7A5U5K2UNNJ5HM.jpgI actually like this quite a bit, especially the graphic print. I will say though that I think the shirt would be even better if it featured the full-color crest and some subtle gold trim on the collar and cuffs. Also, the one-color Bimbo logo makes a huge difference here. That alone makes this one of their better secondaries.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

@PaleVermilion81, I figure you’ll be interested in this. Out of curiosity I took another look at the the latest teaser image for the new Minnesota secondary and messed around with the light settings, which revealed what looks to be a subtle graphic print:OL0X21l.jpg

To me this looks like it could be the same pattern (or at least a very similar pattern) as the one on Atlanta’s current secondary:

atlanta-inited-2018-adidas-away-kit-11.j

With that in mind, as well as the other teaser image we’ve seen, I went ahead and made this early stage mockup of what the Loons’ new kit could end up looking like:

yhB5Q0X.jpg

Hmmm interesting indeed. If they did go this route, I'd hope they'd use black numbers and not gray.

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

CDXM37LSSJBE7A5U5K2UNNJ5HM.jpgI actually like this quite a bit, especially the graphic print. I will say though that I think the shirt would be even better if it featured the full-color crest and some subtle gold trim on the collar and cuffs. Also, the one-color Bimbo logo makes a huge difference here. That alone makes this one of their better secondaries.

I miss a little kiss of gold here and there but other than that I really like this kit. 

I agree they all use a template to a point but that Celtic and our away are totally different in design terms other than the similar sleeves. For example Adidas took the Spain away pattern and now its on Orlando's and they will put it on another 20 teams kits. However with NB that front pattern is only on our away no other kit same with the Porto blue away they did its unique to them. It really isn't that hard to design unique kits for 23 teams! All you need to do is get 23 skilled local graphic designers from each teams area to design a pattern etc. They have teams of people in one of the biggest companies in the world with a year to design. If you gave me or anyone on here even a month to design 23 kits for $ we could all do it I would imagine. It comes down to laziness and greed. Templates are cheaper and world football has become so big is becoming more like a two horse race between Nike and Adidas as to who makes the most teams kits. It's a shame because they should realize that the best kits are unique such as the Nigeria one this last world cup people went nuts for it for good reason.

24 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

That SKC kit looks very plain and boring. I don't like the mono blue. Could really use some navy accents.

Yeah, it looks like it could end up being pretty nondescript, which would be dissapointing from them. Hopefully there’s some sort of graphic/pattern at least. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

On your point about having the gold accents and crest, honestly I like it without more. The two-color style looks clean and not too busy.

But I like this kit, it's solid.

spacer.png

Archived