MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Timbers just officially unveiled their new primary:

As a Timbers fan, I’m absolutely ecstatic about this. I don’t think they were ever gonna be able to top the outgoing primary kits this time around, but this is about as good as they possibly could’ve done IMO. I love the hoops, the gold Adidas stripes, the MLS badges finally reflecting the updated green and gold color scheme, and especially the partial white collar and cuffs with gold trim and the socks with the stripes to match. The only detail I’m a little upset about is the white Adidas logos not matching the gold Alaska logo and the names/numbers, but that’s a minor nitpick on an otherwise fantastic kit. This should definitely be one of the better 2019 kits, and the Timbers’ set as a whole should be one of the best in the league once again this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Not going to lie,I thought Portland would own the white sleeve look they started with in '11 and '13. But the green/gold just looks so much classier.

Agreed, the green/gold look is much classier and is also more in line with their NASL history. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Timbers just officially unveiled their new primary:

As a Timbers fan, I’m absolutely ecstatic about this. I don’t think they were ever gonna be able to top the outgoing primary kits this time around, but this is about as good as they possibly could’ve done IMO. I love the hoops, the gold Adidas stripes, the MLS badges finally reflecting the updated green and gold color scheme, and especially the partial white collar and cuffs with gold trim and the socks with the stripes to match. The only detail I’m a little upset about is the white Adidas logos not matching the gold Alaska logo and the names/numbers, but that’s a minor nitpick on an otherwise fantastic kit. This should definitely be one of the better 2019 kits, and the Timbers’ set as a whole should be one of the best in the league once again this season.

As a Sounders fan, all I can say is damn you Timbers, AGAIN. Great look, best in Cascadia for sure. 

28 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

If you're talking about the German Augsburg,they wear Nike,and their kit (pictured) looks nothing like that.

nike-fc-augsburg-trikot-home-2018-2019-f

My teams are off but I think a Bundesliga team is wearing a similar look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, that's super sharp for Portland! I actually like this a lot better than the previous set, I think the inclusion of white as a third color really helps the overall package. Might flip white and gold printing in some spots, but that's not a huge deal. Still the best dressed team in the league, I'd say.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

As a Sounders fan, all I can say is damn you Timbers, AGAIN. Great look, best in Cascadia for sure. 

I’d say the Timbers definitely have the best set of kits in Cascadia, but as far as individual kits go, I’d probably give the nod to Vancouver’s new primary (by a really small margin, though).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^Cincy put out a couple more teasers, too:

FS9jQ9D.jpg

Looks like the primary shirt will have orange Adidas stripes and an orange collar with white piping. Notice also that the pattern in the background of those images is the stripe pattern that’s likely to be on the shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Absolutely beautiful Atlanta kit. Will definitely be purchasing. Different enough with more stripes, the red adidas stripes, and gold collar/sleeve trim. Curious to see the back. I suspect it’s solid black. I’m also a fan of the stripes on the sleeves. The first year kit was going to be tough to top, and I think I still prefer that one, but this is a beautiful effort.

Also, it’s funny because the team is nicknamed the Five Stripes because of the stripes in the crest. There are actually fans upset that this new kit does not have five stripes. I don’t care one bit about that (the crest will always have five stripes and adidas has to reinvent the wheel somehow every couple seasons). As long as it has the stripes and gold trim, I’m good.

I would really love it if paired with hooped socks.

////

Side note, I’m pretty sure the authentic jerseys this season are doing away with that plastic MLS sleeve badge. The new ones look like the lower grade cloth stitched patches.

Archived