MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

6 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Also, it’s funny because the team is nicknamed the Five Stripes because of the stripes in the crest. There are actually fans upset that this new kit does not have five stripes. 

Really? Your team isn't old enough to have traditions to break, yowza.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Win two.  Then it’s a tradition. 😜 

True, hopefully we can follow through with another one shortly! It’s exciting for me to watch the growth of this league in my own backyard with such a great club to support. Excited to see where clubs like ATL, NYC, LAFC, Miami, maybe Cincy, take the future of this league. We need more clubs like those with big aspirations and willing to spend and less like the Revs.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Side note, I’m pretty sure the authentic jerseys this season are doing away with that plastic MLS sleeve badge. The new ones look like the lower grade cloth stitched patches.

You are correct. You can see the new application of the MLS badges on the authentic jerseys in these shots:

DyGI-YlVAAIYF25?format=jpg&name=large

philadelphia_union_2019_adidas_away_kit_

It looks to be the same application as what’s used on the replicas:

FF_1976383ALT4_full.jpg&w=900

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

You are correct. You can see the new application of the MLS badges on the authentic jerseys in these shots:

DyGI-YlVAAIYF25?format=jpg&name=large

philadelphia_union_2019_adidas_away_kit_

It looks to be the same application as what’s used on the replicas:

FF_1976383ALT4_full.jpg&w=900

Yeah that’s a downgrade for sure. The plastic ones were crisp and clean looking. Very professional. These look like an afterthought. Maybe the league or adidas is looking down the road a bit when they’ll allow sleeve sponsorships in a year or so and they want to lower production costs since only one sleeve will have the league patch. Perhaps they don’t see the value in having a nice league patch for only one sleeve.

Thanks to the Timbers’ kit man, here’s a good look at four of the keeper shirt colorways for this season, complete with the MLS sleeve badges:

Kind of odd that the keeper shirts still have the plastic MLS badges, whereas the outfield player shirts are switching to the cloth MLS badges. I also find it interesting that these have a cloth crest on them with an outline matching the shirt color, like what’s on the replica versions of the outfield shirts. I’m wondering if Adidas has started to send clubs the keeper shirts with the crests already on them to avoid incidents like this:

pqwddGT.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That SKC picture gives me the impression there is some dark blue trim at the bottom of the shirt, and also on the collar. Still, it looks like it's going to be pretty plain. In a vacuum, I don't mind a simple and clean kit, but last season's black kit was also super basic. You'd expect a little better from what was such a stylish club.  

Seattle Sounders 2 have been renamed the Tacoma Defiance. Name is fine, but the logo is turrible.

Concept is okay, but the execution is really bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Seattle Sounders 2 have been renamed the Tacoma Defiance. Name is fine, but the logo is turrible.

Yeah, that's a terrible badge. But I'm glad to see some of these MLS-affiliated USL sides finally develop their own brands. S2 was the worst of the bunch, though Timbers 2 isn't far behind. That axe logo with a little 2 next it is the definition of uninspired. 

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

Agree with both of you; absolutely hated the awkward "2" thing but that badge looks like a concept by someone in their first Adobe suite class (which, no disrespect, we all start somewhere, but Sounders can afford better!).

It's executed cleanly, though. It looks more like a concept by someone who doesn't understand logo and crest design, but knows how to use the programs.

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Great name, horrible logo. But the Sounders have one of the worst logos in the MLS so maybe this is to be expected? Too bad. 

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Omg...... as a brand strategist and brand designer, this is absolutely awful. First mistake is that the design is too complicated. The second one is that it is unproportional... that is the outer ring with the inner circle. 

I have done a couple MLS badge redesigns, and one for the sounders  https://www.behance.net/gallery/73602839/Seattle-Sounders-FC-Rebranding

What does it take a person to get hired?!? I want the sales person for that brand agency selling for me Haha

Archived