WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

Recommended Posts

I wonder if this is a sign the Fire are getting a new badge as part of their brand refresh. They’re not due for a new red shirt next season. 

 

EDIT: They’re getting a new sponsor, so it could be both.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

I wonder if this is a sign the Fire are getting a new badge as part of their brand refresh. They’re not due for a new red shirt next season. 

The MLS Store is having a jersey blowout sale for all teams, including both the 2017 jerseys and this season’s new jerseys.

https://www.mlsstore.com/jerseys/d-47221982+z-9744807-1425885315?os=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dilbert said:

DrprrJ6WwAEmFMa.jpg:large

 

I like the new look and Im glad they still have a lion. A twitter user actually noticed some subtle nods to Cincinnati. The lions tail forms a C. The lions back follows the rough outline of the Ohio River. The lion is divided into seven segments, a nod to the "seven hills" of Cincinnati. (In reality Cincinnati has more than seven hills but its folk lore).

Okay...if that was intentional, that's awesome as far as subtle detail goes. If that was indeed their starting point and the resulting diagonal angle around which the rest of this crest was the byproduct, then color me impressed.

 

All that said... I still find this thing sorely lacking. The basic idea of it is simple enough...but why not just use a conventional shield rather than try to shoehorn all that into a soccer-ball-pentagon shape? If nothing else, that would've helped out immensely, considering some of those awkward joins.

 

And what's up with the navy? The royal blue and orange are strong and distinctive enough on their own...I'm guessing maybe it had something to do with merchandising. It'll be interesting to see the new kits when they debut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The MLS Store is having a jersey blowout sale for all teams, including both the 2017 jerseys and this season’s new jerseys.

https://www.mlsstore.com/jerseys/d-47221982+z-9744807-1425885315?os=1

 

I love end of season because this is when I've been able to pick up old jerseys and t-shirts for cheap. All of my MLS gear has been purchased on deep discount. And because teams change looks so frequently, nothing ever really feels all that dated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the new FC Cincinnati logo is about a billion times better than that Austin FC logo. It shows how you actually incorporate local lore into design.

 

I love it and am looking forward to them joining the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Buc said:

Okay...if that was intentional, that's awesome as far as subtle detail goes. If that was indeed their starting point and the resulting diagonal angle around which the rest of this crest was the byproduct, then color me impressed.

 

All that said... I still find this thing sorely lacking. The basic idea of it is simple enough...but why not just use a conventional shield rather than try to shoehorn all that into a soccer-ball-pentagon shape? If nothing else, that would've helped out immensely, considering some of those awkward joins.

 

And what's up with the navy? The royal blue and orange are strong and distinctive enough on their own...I'm guessing maybe it had something to do with merchandising. It'll be interesting to see the new kits when they debut.

 

I actually like the unusual shape, even though it is somewhat squat. Given that MLS gets (rightly, imo) criticized for a design sameyness, I'd rather that than another roundel or traditional shield shape. Sometimes weird is good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the diagonal design and the navy drags down the design. If it was just the lion by itself with F C C or something like that below (like what Liverpool does with the Liverbird on their shirts), it would be one of the best in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Unpopular opinion: That's an awful Cincinatti crest

 

That's an awful way to spell Cincinnati. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 9:43 PM, DG_Now said:

By the way, the new FC Cincinnati logo is about a billion times better than that Austin FC logo. It shows how you actually incorporate local lore into design.

 

I love it and am looking forward to them joining the league.

 

Why does everyone rag on the Austin logo? It's only because Precourt is in charge, otherwise everyone would be fawning over that :censored:. I think their crest is pretty cool, and I don't get the arbitrary widespread hate it gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wings said:

 

That's an awful way to spell Cincinnati. 

 

LOL! Shows my British-ness I guess... I really didn't realise there was a typo there. But I still think it's an awful crest. To me it just looks like they threw some random elements together on an awkward, wonky shape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think Adidas will allow MLS to have third kits again?

Technically they do allow them. Adidas requires a combined sale of 100,000 units of primary/secondary jerseys every season to get a third kit. That's a worldwide requirement. No one in MLS even comes close. 

 

I still wish they treated MLS differently on that front but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 9:26 AM, hendocfc said:

Unpopular opinion: That's an awful Cincinatti crest

 

It’s MISERABLY bad. Bottom 5 in the league, easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, Gothamite said:

So this is what MLS could look like in 2020. 

 

Not bad, not bad at all.

 

GXHv6gR.png

By 2020 there will be more teams than that, don't forget

-Nashville (no crest yet)

-Austin (we know the crest)

-28th expansion team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect too different a crest for Nashville SC than what they have now...they seem married to the yellow and navy (thank the Predators), and "record-inspired" roundel.

 

If they actually do come up with something different, it'll be a huge surprise to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xbhaskarx said:

By 2020 there will be more teams than that, don't forget

-Nashville (no crest yet)

-Austin (we know the crest)

-28th expansion team

 

 

Just fix New England and overall pretty good bunch. Some need tweaks but NE's is now the most glaringly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although their kit wasnt revealed tonight im hoping the diamond design like on the shirt below is a clue as to whats to come. Mercy Health is the title sponsor on the chest, no word on a shoulder sponsor though.

Dr0YliiX0AA_8Vm.jpg

(The models look so thrilled to be wearing this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

It’s MISERABLY bad. Bottom 5 in the league, easily. 

It really isn’t that bad, who’s better? I don’t see many candidates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xbhaskarx said:

By 2020 there will be more teams than that, don't forget

-Nashville (no crest yet)

-Austin (we know the crest)

-28th expansion team

 

 

Austin is far from a done deal.  It doesn’t get included on this chart until the team is actually awarded, which has not yet happened.

 

And Nashville... I’d like to include them, but I don’t think they’ve even unveiled their version of the MLS shield.  So I’m waiting until we have more than rank speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now