MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

10 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here’s a look at what is likely Atlanta’s new shorts. Main difference being the adidas stripes now in red compared to the previous gold. 

Those are actually just training shorts. Notice how the Adidas stripes go all the way to the hem, and also how the Adidas logo is on the back. The match shorts will likely look very similar, but they’ll have the Adidas logo on the front below the numbers, and the Adidas stripes will stop above the hem (and the hem will also be extended on the back).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Based on what we’ve seen so far, here’s a mockup of what the new SKC primary could end up looking like:

PLElMlP.jpg

Personally I’m hoping there’s at least some sort of graphic pattern on the shirt, because this would be a bit too plain for them IMO. 

Getting hotter ;) Kit launch btw is Monday - February 4. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

12 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Go with it and engage Honky Tonk Man as a spokesman.

He'd be the greatest MLS spokesman of all time!

9 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I hope they use Music City and not Nashville. 

I don't.

Those Crew shirts are very nice. The Quakes shirt is boring. Navy and black look so dull together; shake it up (LOL) San Jose.

I hope KC brings something nice to the table. They used to have such dependably nice looks; I loved the argyle from a few years back. I hope they're more than just NYCFC Midwest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

He'd be the greatest MLS spokesman of all time!

I don't.

Those Crew shirts are very nice. The Quakes shirt is boring. Navy and black look so dull together; shake it up (LOL) San Jose.

I hope KC brings something nice to the table. They used to have such dependably nice looks; I loved the argyle from a few years back. I hope they're more than just NYCFC Midwest.

If anything, they're SKC East. Or as I very smartly and hilariously joked when NYCFC were founded: Man City USA.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:49 PM, shaydre1019 said:

It might be played out...but reworking this into a guitar pick shaped badge would be kinda cool and fairly unique amongst the league shields.

I agree. I don't think it's too played out. It's a simple tie-in to the city without being silly or hitting you over the head like calling the team "Honky Tonk FC" or something. After all, it's just a shield with rounded corners. 

If they do keep the roundel, I'd drop the white circle and text all together. Just go with the inner circle with the stripe and N-S-C they have. Clean and simple. If they do keep the white circle it needs to be thinner and the roman numerals should be larger and curved.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, Brandon9485 said:

What is the significance of 2013? The USL team was founded in 2016.

Nashville SC was founded in 2013 as Nashville FC. Their calling card then was being the U.S.'s first fully supporter-owned soccer club. (And if I had actually pulled the trigger on my unction then, I'd have bought in and probably received a nice dividend when they cashed out two or three years back.)

Anyway, this is probably a good space to show/remind folks what the original Nashville FC crest was to look like, then turned into....

blue-pick.png

Which eventually became this...

NASH_1.jpg

And that's how we got to the (as of now) current crest.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Someone posted this on reddit in regards to the SKC kit (https://old.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/amu3k3/sporting_kc_2019_glitch_sash/). Looks like somebody heavily adjusted the levels of a photo in Photoshop.

ydxjtj9v5fe21.jpg

Here’s another, better shot (albeit in black and white) from a different user in that same thread:

m8RaWoM.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/2/2019 at 8:28 PM, Red Wolf said:

If anything, they're SKC East. Or as I very smartly and hilariously joked when NYCFC were founded: Man City USA.

This does speak to a thing that’s bugged me since 2015; despite the rise in teams, just about everyone in MLS has a primary look that they own, the sort of thing where you can tell who is who even based on a lo-fi mock-up. Houston owns orange, LA has the all-white with a sash, RSL is red but with plenty of navy, etc. The main exception to this is NYCFC and SKC, and it makes me wish NYCFC picked a different scheme somehow when they came in.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

As "boring" as this may seem at first... it's actually one of the nicest MLS kits there have been in years. No wacky patterns or glitches,no silly trim colours added just for the sake of it. A team's colour palette executed on a clean,functional football kit with enough identifiable features to stand out from the rest.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:40 PM, Digby said:

"The Glitch Kit"! Fascinating. Seems like the last two years, RBNY especially has gone out of their way to avoid designating their kits as home/away or primary/secondary.

FWIW, the Red Bulls released the kit for purchase today. On the MLS shop it is listed as the "White Primary kit".  I wonder if this is mock-up is wrong because in the leaked photo of Kaku on media day, the 'New York Red Bulls" text below the number was white, not red.

ff_3419405-971d716b70c1e7967e0dalt1_full

1 hour ago, Digby said:

This does speak to a thing that’s bugged me since 2015; despite the rise in teams, just about everyone in MLS has a primary look that they own, the sort of thing where you can tell who is who even based on a lo-fi mock-up. Houston owns orange, LA has the all-white with a sash, RSL is red but with plenty of navy, etc. The main exception to this is NYCFC and SKC, and it makes me wish NYCFC picked a different scheme somehow when they came in.

The worst is how they've swapped the schemes to some extent. NYC at one point wore white shorts with their blue jerseys and SKC wore navy shorts. Then SKC started wearing white shorts and NYC wore navy shorts. Regardless, I think we can all blame NYC for this.

Sporting's teaser image showed "For Glory. For City." below the collar on the back of the jersey. It looks clean.

I am disappointed to see them use this tagline. I'm a part of the Cauldron (SKC supporter group). The phrase "For the Glory of the City" is something we've used since 2012. The FO has danced around using it for years, but last year went with "For Glory. For City." The slogan is so close to ours it's like the equivalent of a sibling dangling their finger in your face and saying, "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."

It may not seem like a big deal, and in a vacuum maybe it isn't, but this isn't the first time the FO has "borrowed" our ideas. It is continually frustrating.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

On 2/2/2019 at 4:04 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

I don’t like that white trim - with no other white elements, it looks out of place. I wish the checkers were used a bit more, maybe as a chest stripe to match the socks. Hopefully one day they will go full Croatia with it, as I think that would look incredible.

I think they only way they'd go full Croatia is on the black kit. I could see them doing something with black/grey checkers with yellow trim/accents, similar in the way the Croatia away kit was at the 2018 WC.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWNGC2omMuzUsQvePcSIx

54 minutes ago, charliehustle said:

Sporting's teaser image showed "For Glory. For City." below the collar on the back of the jersey. It looks clean.

I am disappointed to see them use this tagline. I'm a part of the Cauldron (SKC supporter group). The phrase "For the Glory of the City" is something we've used since 2012. The FO has danced around using it for years, but last year went with "For Glory. For City." The slogan is so close to ours it's like the equivalent of a sibling dangling their finger in your face and saying, "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."

It may not seem like a big deal, and in a vacuum maybe it isn't, but this isn't the first time the FO has "borrowed" our ideas. It is continually frustrating.

Haven't other teams done similar stuff as a way to honor their SGs? Curious that you're insulted by this. I don't know anything about the relationship of your SG and the SKC FO, so when I say curious I genuinely mean I'm curious and would like to hear more.

Archived