MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

For some reason I thought that long sleeved jerseys were already unavailable. I'm not big on long sleeves myself, but I really wish I would have gotten one of the 2013 SKC long sleeved jerseys because they looked better that way.

i108NNC.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Crew are debuting their new primaries right now in their friendly at LAFC, giving us our first look at the full kit together:

DymKFxuUcAADsfU?format=jpg&name=large

zz30oxR.jpg

I’ll stand by what I said about the socks being the best part of the kit. Absolutely love those. The rest is nice, but nothing too extraordinary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Crew are debuting their new primaries right now in their friendly at LAFC, giving us our first look at the full kit together:

DymKFxuUcAADsfU?format=jpg&name=large

zz30oxR.jpg

I’ll stand by what I said about the socks being the best part of the kit. Absolutely love those. The rest is nice, but nothing too extraordinary.

That shirt might look better with the black shorts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think posters have already mentioned February 20th as the suspected reveal date for MLS Nashville's identity, but it's all but confimed now-

7vq14mk.png

https://www.nashvillesc.com/news_article/show/990523

The color looks almost more like the Crew's yellow instead of the gold that Nashville SC has used, but that may just be for the promotional stuff. I am definitely suspecting that Nashville SC will not be the name for this team due to the heavy use of just "Nashville MLS" in every team release. I'm open to that, as long it's not any of those terrible names from the trademark registry. 

spacer.png

Don’t like the new SKC kit at all. Sashes, plaid/checks, stripes, hoops, argyle, asymmetrical... SKC has literally done it all now. At some point it stops feeling like a team finding its identity and more of a team throwing :censored: against the wall because they don’t believe they have one. 

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That shirt might look better with the black shorts. 

Has Columbus ever worn black shorts with their gold jerseys? I wish they would, but it seems like they've always been all-gold which I'm not a fan of.

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Has Columbus ever worn black shorts with their gold jerseys? I wish they would, but it seems like they've always been all-gold which I'm not a fan of.

They have, but it's been ages ago. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, GFB said:

Don’t like the new SKC kit at all. Sashes, plaid/checks, stripes, hoops, argyle, asymmetrical... SKC has literally done it all now. At some point it stops feeling like a team finding its identity and more of a team throwing :censored: against the wall because they don’t believe they have one. 

Maybe people will stop bitching about us “stealing their colors”, then.   At least we’ve been reasonably consistent. 😛 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe people will stop bitching about us “stealing their colors”, then.   At least we’ve been reasonably consistent. 😛 

There’s definitely room for two light-blue teams, but I also don’t think it’s an accident that since City came into the league neither of SKC’s “primary” kits have had navy shorts. 

I’m not sure if that’s Adidas’ reluctance to have two light blue / navy kits and pushing for more variance inside the league, or if it’s a directive that’s coming from SKC themselves (or some combo of the two)... but I’m led to believe that there’s some sort of connection there.

Based on all of the teaser images that have been put out, as well as the known info about the stripe pattern, here’s my mockup of FC Cincinnati’s inaugural MLS home kit:

mfFK1XB.jpg

I expect this to be very close to the real thing. I’m not sure about whether there’ll be any jocktag and/or back neck tag designs, so I guessed and just put the wordmark logo on the back neck. I’m also not sure about the logo/wordmark that’ll be on the socks. Other than that, though, I think this is an accurate representation of what the kit will look like. Lastly, since the kit is just a miTeam product, it will basically have the replica kit technology rather than the authentic kit technology. That’s why the shorts in my mockup don’t have the tapered back and truncated Adidas stripes, and also why the shirt doesn’t have things like the mesh back, authenticity tag on the bottom left, etc.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Based on all of the teaser images that have been put out, as well as the known info about the stripe pattern, here’s my mockup of FC Cincinnati’s inaugural MLS home kit:

mfFK1XB.jpg

I expect this to be very close to the real thing. I’m not sure about whether there’ll be any jocktag and/or back neck tag designs, so I guessed and just put the wordmark logo on the back neck. I’m also not sure about the logo/wordmark that’ll be on the socks. Other than that, though, I think this is an accurate representation of what the kit will look like. Lastly, since the kit is just a miTeam product, it will basically have the replica kit technology rather than the authentic kit technology. That’s why the shorts in my mockup don’t have the tapered back and truncated Adidas stripes, and also why the shirt doesn’t have things like the mesh back, authenticity tag on the bottom left, etc.

I mean, honestly, if it looks like that it's not the worst it could have been. The teamwear pattern sort of sucks but it's not as bad as it could have been.

spacer.png

Based on the shorts and socks that were seen on MLS media day, some of the team’s recent social media graphics, and a few hints from a couple posters on Twitter and reddit, I’m expecting the new Dynamo primary to look something like this:

ZZVfhGO.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived