MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas is notoriously bad with their replicas. Atlanta’s replica (when compared to the authentic) isn’t great by any means, but it’s not as bad as some others adidas has done the last few years. In addition to the collar and trim colors, the patterns aren’t even on the same on these. Might as well be different jerseys.

Authentic:

FF_1689751ALT1_full.jpg&w=900

Replica:59517.jpg

Authentic:

FF_2056492ALT1_full.jpg&w=900

Replica:

FF_2055848ALT1_full.jpg&w=900

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Some additional leaks of the Atlanta kit, this time of the replica which has a number of key differences:

1) no gold star

2) only 1 MLS sleeve patch

3) no gold trim on collar and cuffs, sleeves also missing small black trim as well

4) no 17/Georgia jock tag

atlanta-united-2019-kit-2.jpg

atlanta-united-2019-kit-3.jpg

Wish the stripes continued onto the back.

Me too. It looks so much better on teams like Inter and AC Milan because the stripes go around the back. Unfortuantely it’s an MLS rule that requires the back to be a single solid color. And if I remember correctly I think Inter and AC Milan and Juventus have to use solid backs in UEFA Champions League. 

45 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Me too. It looks so much better on teams like Inter and AC Milan because the stripes go around the back. Unfortuantely it’s an MLS rule that requires the back to be a single solid color. And if I remember correctly I think Inter and AC Milan and Juventus have to use solid backs in UEFA Champions League. 

Which makes it so much odder that Vancouver got away with their new design this year. Is it an official rule, or one where MLS just strongly encourages teams not to do it? I'm asking as one who literally has no clue about this rule.

I guess I can see why you could make a case for a replica having a different/simpler collar construction, say, but if you have to sublimate the graphic anyway, is it really a great cost savings to just skip out on a second shade of blue? Seems deeply cynical to me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I would put money on that being a replica kit? Sorry if that discussion already happened with this post but I hope that's the case. All the other teams are doing collar piping except RSL I think.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, WarriorFight said:

I would put money on that being a replica kit? Sorry if that discussion already happened with this post but I hope that's the case. All the other teams are doing collar piping except RSL I think.

1) RSL has the collar piping, too:

Dy5X-_XUwAAVkYv?format=jpg&name=large

2) Yes, those new leaked images of the Atlanta home are indeed of the replica version. The authentic version, which has gold piping on the collar and cuffs, can be seen here:

Atlanta-United-2019-Jersey.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Which makes it so much odder that Vancouver got away with their new design this year. Is it an official rule, or one where MLS just strongly encourages teams not to do it? I'm asking as one who literally has no clue about this rule.

Well now I'm not as certain about the rule. Every striped set I've seen from an MLS team has had a solid back. All of the old hooped FC Dallas jerseys, Atlanta United, Montreal, the striped SKC kit, etc. had the solid back. Maybe Vancouver got a waiver or something, I don't know. 

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

1) RSL has the collar piping, too:

Dy5X-_XUwAAVkYv?format=jpg&name=large

2) Yes, those new leaked images of the Atlanta home are indeed of the replica version. The authentic version, which has gold piping on the collar and cuffs, can be seen here:

Atlanta-United-2019-Jersey.jpg

My bad with the RSL. Only saw the replica version.

And yeah thank god the ATL one from today was the replica. It'll look way better with the gold collar piping. And that star looks REAL nice.

spacer.png

MLS replicas are bad, it look like it's going to be better every season, but it's still not that good compare for example to Europe. This is how European replica look:

Koszulka_podstawowa_Manchester_United_Czerwony_CG0040_01_laydown.jpg

And here is authentic version:

Autentyczna_koszulka_podstawowa_Manchester_United_Czerwony_CG0037_01_laydown.jpg

The only difference is in fabrics, cut and way of applying the logo (heat sealed/embroidered). General design is exactly the same. Why adidas can't do the same for MLS? I don't know.

4r2eer.png

The Impact just revealed their new primary:

img_20190208_203921-jpg.148346

Dy7bkZGXcAAzKAd?format=jpg&name=large

Dy7hRvLWwAARJXd?format=jpg&name=large

I’m glad they kept the blue and black stripes, but this is still a definite downgrade for them IMO. I’m not a fan of them just reusing the design from AC Milan’s 2016/17 home kit, and the stripes also terminate way too high up on the shirt. Compare this new Montreal shirt to the aforementioned AC Milan shirt, which had the stripes terminate way farther down towards the hem:

milan-16-17-home-kit-2-624x987.jpg?MOD=A

Also, as a reminder, here’s what the shorts and socks of the Impact’s new kit looks like:

4hvzbs9.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Montreal's new home uniform was officially announced:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/02/08/montreal-impact-unveil-new-primary-kit-traditional-twist

7418A_MM3_BAMM3_MI3_MF.jpg

Certainly not bad, but I'd call it a downgrade from last year.

Too much black relatively speaking, especially if they wear black shorts. Atlanta has the same issue, IMO.

I'd really prefer if the base were blue rather than black and/or if the pattern went down way further on the shirt.

Great jocktag, though!

EDIT: @upperV03, you beat me to it by a second! 😂

1 minute ago, vtgco said:

Montreal's new home uniform was officially announced:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/02/08/montreal-impact-unveil-new-primary-kit-traditional-twist

7418A_MM3_BAMM3_MI3_MF.jpg

Certainly not bad, but I'd call it a downgrade from last year.

Too much black relatively speaking, especially if they wear black shorts. Atlanta has the same issue, IMO.

I'd really prefer if the base were blue rather than black and/or if the pattern went down way further on the shirt.

Great jocktag, though!

I'm into it. Still think it's classy, and while I agree that compared to their last primary it's not as good, I don't think it's a big step down either. Was hoping to see a new secondary too since they kept both their kits last year, but if we only get the one, I'm content with this.

spacer.png

I like MLS going screen print crazy this year. It's goofy, but in a fun way.

Those new Revs shirts are aggressively boring, aren't they. Contract the franchise.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

54 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m not a fan of them just reusing the design from AC Milan’s 2016/17 home kit, and the stripes also terminate way too high up on the shirt.

So basically Adidas reused two AC Milan's shirts for MLS, 16/17 for Impact and 17/18 for Atlanta. Nice...

4r2eer.png

6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

So basically Adidas reused two AC Milan's shirts for MLS, 16/17 for Impact and 17/18 for Atlanta. Nice...

HoTtAkE.

Would any other manufacturer be any better? Nike used the same EXACT pattern for most of their national teams two cycles ago. We rag on Adidas but it's not like Adidas is any worse about re-using patterns than any other manufacturer. 

spacer.png

Archived