MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

Not sure if it was officially posted...but here's the NYRBs' 2019 primary

Wholeheartedly disagree with the move away from white jerseys. When you're already criticized for being "energy drink FC"...perhaps coloring your jersey silver/gray like your drink can isn't the best approach.

The "glitch" patterned words are an interesting touch. I don't love nor hate them...

I say to hell with it, go all the way and quarter it like the can. Or the mighty Bristol Rovers FC.

JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Southend_United_da0

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

32 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I don't know why it's listed as the "Primary" because their Red kit is really the new primary. 

Actually, the red is the secondary.  Although in their announcement, the team studiously avoided specifying, just calling it the "red kit".  The mothership at the time identified the red as their clash kit.

Which makes sense - the MLS shield has to be in the club's official colors on the primary

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

I say to hell with it, go all the way and quarter it like the can. Or the mighty Bristol Rovers FC.

JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Southend_United_da0

....Irene, Goodnight.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

True story: for whatever reason, I reinstalled FIFA 98 on my PC the same year MetroStars rebranded. FIFA 98 still had a fake American league instead of MLS, so I went about changing all the teams to real MLS ones -- for the most part I used the charmingly limited kit editor to recreate MLS teams but I gave Red Bull the quarter template in gray and blue like that as a primary, with a red shirt/yellow shorts secondary. I don't know why I remember this.

Here’s Cincinnati’s secondary, which is literally just an off-the-shelf white Condivo shirt with the crest, sponsor logo, and MLS badges added:

I get the time limitations, but surely they could’ve done better than just slapping the logos and MLS badges on a plain teamwear shirt. Plus, we already know the home kit will be a miTeam design, so there’s no excuse for Adidas not being able to do the same for the away. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Might just be because it's the first time I see it  applied like that but the Cincinnati crest looks like a modified version of the central league logo, in a kind of UFL-every-team-with-the-same-template way. Orange and blue split by a white diagonal with a white and navy outlline. Not sure if I like it or not

07Giants.pngnyy.png

And now here’s the primary, which matches up with the mockups I’ve made and posted here:

02-11-2019-jersey-FULL-launch-web-001.jp

DzKkl7jWwAAdptv?format=jpg&name=large

DzKk091W0AofrCh?format=jpg&name=large

The shirt has an inaugural MLS season jocktag. And as an aside, the application of the MLS badges here is nicer than that of all of the other 2019 kits. I’d much prefer that application over the cheap sewn on application that Adidas seems to be moving to this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And now here’s the primary, which matches up with the mockups I’ve made and posted here:

02-11-2019-jersey-FULL-launch-web-001.jp

DzKkl7jWwAAdptv?format=jpg&name=large

DzKk091W0AofrCh?format=jpg&name=large

The shirt has an inaugural MLS season jocktag. And as an aside, the application of the MLS badges here is nicer than that of all of the other 2019 kits. I’d much prefer that application over the cheap sewn on application that Adidas seems to be moving to this year.

Seeing the sleeve badge and chest badge right next to each other like this made me realize just how similar the FCC logo is to the MLS team color logo. Had anyone else realized this already? 

Edit: and now I see the poster above me realized just that before me.  Still like the kit

I think it looks cool, but I have concerns about how those diagonal lines in the stripes are going to perform on camera or when they're wet. Orange on top of royal blue has a tendency to vibrate on its own, but using that treatment may make it read even worse. 

I think this is a color scheme best left for large, solid, bold blocks of color, separated from one another by white stripes if you can help it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Cincy primary not bad, saved by the fact that royal blue and orange always looks class.

But that secondary has to be the most objectively BORING kit I've seen the league trot out. That looks like zero effort, which is what I honestly thought RSL's secondary last year was an example of. Turns out I was wrong.

spacer.png

Another teaser for the new FCD secondary:

And the explanation from the article:

A constant on FC Dallas kits since Lamar Hunt's passing in 2006, the LH patch takes a Dallas twist with a special nod to the Reunion Tower. It's just one of the design elements inspired by Dallas, but obviously the leading point in the naming of The Reunion Kit.“

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As further indication of how rushed this job was, the FC Cincinnati article about the kit goes to great detail about the blue kit: the stripes, the shorts, the socks, everything. There’s no mention whatsoever about the shorts or socks for the white shirt. Maybe the team doesn’t even know yet! Haha.

https://www.fccincinnati.com/post/2019/02/11/inaugural-2019-mls-kit-unveiled

This is the exact same situation that happened with Minnesota United. Replica construction kits with teamwear designs. I prefer Minnesota’s selections, as far as teamwear goes. The sash was classic and while the white was boring, it was a unique look in the league and felt like they at least gave it an effort. Cincy’s white looks like they grabbed some blank Hanes tees off the rack and sent a few to the printer to get customized (though that’s essentially what they did).

_nra0586.jpg

FCC’s home looks good considering the bureaucratic limitations but it’s a little busy for an inaugural kit. The secondary...eek. Both lazy and busy (that awful pattern!) at the same time. Doesn’t Adidas have some teamwear that at least has blue trim?

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s Cincinnati’s secondary, which is literally just an off-the-shelf white Condivo shirt with the crest, sponsor logo, and MLS badges added:

I get the time limitations, but surely they could’ve done better than just slapping the logos and MLS badges on a plain teamwear shirt. Plus, we already know the home kit will be a miTeam design, so there’s no excuse for Adidas not being able to do the same for the away. 

They should use miteam for away kit too. Condivo is boring as hell, too many teams have that in current season.

4r2eer.png

Archived