Community Members with Successful Sports Designs

umlegend1980

On 11/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, andrewharrington said:

Nah. My work is too good, thus it always gets cut before it makes to the ice/court/field.

Funny enough...I was looking through Twitter the other day and came across this at Avon Lake. I knew the logo looked familiar and had to do some digging. So it's being used for their hockey and soccer program. DPu_MC9VAAAG6le.jpg

m9XfTaof.jpg

And I just read in your profile about it being used for hockey. I personally think they should be using this logo over the AL they use now!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

52 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Funny enough...I was looking through Twitter the other day and came across this at Avon Lake. I knew the logo looked familiar and had to do some digging. So it's being used for their hockey and soccer program. DPu_MC9VAAAG6le.jpg

m9XfTaof.jpg

And I just read in your profile about it being used for hockey. I personally think they should be using this logo over the AL they use now!

It’s spreading! ?

A hockey mom from the booster club approached me about using the original one I did (circa 2003) maybe 3-4 years ago. I told her yes, but that I was a lot better designer now than I was in high school, so I offered to redesign it, resulting in the version above. Since then, it’s started showing up in soccer, and this season it was on the base of the collar of the football team’s grey alternate. The new football coach is a former player from my class, so I got in his ear on Instagram about doing a full identity for the school. We’ll see how that goes.

Not crazy about that soccer ball in the top where the ring should be, though. ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It’s incredible how being on board has affected my life recently. 

Ill get back to that... so, I approached Hanford HS in Richland, WA about 5 years ago with the idea to create one brand. (There’s a thread, I won’t bore you w the details.) and over about a 3 year period Inrebranded the entire school. 

Sports team uniforms and logos for Football, Track, Volleyball, Bowling, CC. 

I recently changed schools and football wore a new mark on their helmet I blended w their old look. 

So...

2 High Schools

1 Pro Cycling

Many Cycling clubs including a Swedish team that still uses an element from my original design for them (2014) in their current kit. 

So back to this board... a few weeks ago, I was approached through CCSLN email, by a full service marketing/design house @Nuke Digital concerning my work with sports branding; and, yesterday I accepted an offer to join their creative team. 

This is great stuff guys.  There are a lot of talented people here.  Let me just make a plug for all the talent here to pop in the request board more often.  I put a request on there but while I was there I saw how many got  O response or just 1.  I figured most members forgot it was there.  Could be wrong but I remember the days when it wasn't seperated and even got a corporate logo made by Patrick Cummings who as I mentioned is now with Adidas.  Just thought I'd remind everyone that it is there and there are some opportunities there to hone your skills, help someone and maybe get paid. 

But again, this has to be one of the greatest collections of talent assembled like this in an organic way.  Proud to be surrounded by all of you amazing artists and enthusiasts! 

Guys... don't be so shy.  Show us the work!

For those who didn't read the original post I made on the subject, I'm in the nascent stages of putting together what I hope will be a new professional indoor sports league - probably launching with all the pomp and circumstance of the National Lacrosse League back in 1987 (that is to say, near none), but incorporating a business model that among other things is aimed at (i) creating top flight looks for teams and (ii) giving the designers of those works one third of the royalty percentage collected through merchandising the saleable marks (we're aiming for 12.5% total, which would translate to 4.17% for the designers), for as long as the mark is commercially used. 

Designers would also have an opportunity to further financially benefit by buying (either via cash or sweat equity) into a separate company that would own the intellectual property rights to the marks, licensing them to the league for its use (and sublicensing at the 12.5% mark).

If you've been in touch with me about this from last time, please get back to me - I've let the IP end of this project slip while trying to put other pieces in place.  If this interests you, (1) post some of your work here, then (2) PM me.  It may be a year or two before this actually bears any fruit (I have a tendency to go a step beyond a carpenter and measure three times before cutting once), but I think it could provide at least some type of ongoing revenue stream for some of you guys, as opposed to the typical, "Thanks for the work.  We own it now.  Here's your check.  Bye," attitude you may have experienced with others.

nav-logo.png

On 11/10/2018 at 12:04 AM, andrewharrington said:

It’s spreading! ?

A hockey mom from the booster club approached me about using the original one I did (circa 2003) maybe 3-4 years ago. I told her yes, but that I was a lot better designer now than I was in high school, so I offered to redesign it, resulting in the version above. Since then, it’s started showing up in soccer, and this season it was on the base of the collar of the football team’s grey alternate. The new football coach is a former player from my class, so I got in his ear on Instagram about doing a full identity for the school. We’ll see how that goes.

Not crazy about that soccer ball in the top where the ring should be, though. ?

Did you ever take a shot at cleaning up the Shoremen character/mascot? I found my son’s old hoodie with him on it the other day.

21 hours ago, Derek said:

Did you ever take a shot at cleaning up the Shoremen character/mascot? I found my son’s old hoodie with him on it the other day.

I haven’t. I would take a crack at it if I was asked, but something rubs me the wrong way about it. He looks like all the good ol’ boys who fit this description back when I was a student:

cdac4ff8c8b6415bfe5bb72b3b73fb90.jpg

😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived