kmccarthy27

Heavy Seas Beer Co. New Logo

Old:

LKmeT4s.jpg

New:

bc0on6N.jpg

I never really liked the old logo, as it always looked a little clipartish to me (if I may make up a word).  However, the new one may be even worse.

I get that they're going for simplicity, but it overshoots the mark.  About the only it has going for it is that it's black and purple, which is always a nice selling point in Baltimore.

Took me a minute to realize the bottom is supposed to look like heavy seas (waves). I think they should definitely try to incorporate some kind of nautical element more obviously. That being said, I do like it. Massive upgrade imo.

49 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Old:

LKmeT4s.jpg

New:

bc0on6N.jpg

I never really liked the old logo, as it always looked a little clipartish to me (if I may make up a word).  However, the new one may be even worse.

I get that they're going for simplicity, but it overshoots the mark.  About the only it has going for it is that it's black and purple, which is always a nice selling point in Baltimore.

I think the background color will change per beer. With Purple being the Loose (and Double) Cannon color scheme. 

It looks like thy did a poor drawing, put it in photoshop, and used the paint bucket on everything (maybe the reason for the dots)

Update looks much better. I agree the negative space will likely change color depending on the type of beer. Blue will obviously sell the effect much better.

10 hours ago, Quillz said:

Update looks much better. I agree the negative space will likely change color depending on the type of beer. Blue will obviously sell the effect much better.

They save blue for their limited releases (these are the old designs, they still not have completely rolled out the new logo): 

http://d1ynl4hb5mx7r8.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/06120807/unnamed-3-300x225.png

Significant upgrade....mostly because their old logo was lousy. I think (hope) the new one will look great on bottles.

Come to think of it, I just had a Tropi-Cannon the other day.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Sith_apprentice said:

So umm...how do you add images? I couldn't figure it out either.

Blue button underneath the posting field. “Insert other media”.  You can enter the URL there. 

I like everything about the new mark, save for the purple. It really clashes with the nautical theme. This is just a rough edit, but it gets across what I would like to see changed...

wtOfuxC.jpg

I thought the new logo was a tombstone and the sea waves were just the grass growing around the base of the stone.