Adidas NHL Throwback Jerseys

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

They look awesome, even thoguh Gretzky played for the Rangers when their blue jersey had a lace-up collar.

That little thing notwithstanding, these look awesome, and are in good quality just like the CCM vintage jerseys of prior years.

UBwef0L.png

24 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

They look awesome, even thoguh Gretzky played for the Rangers when their blue jersey had a lace-up collar.

That little thing notwithstanding, these look awesome, and are in good quality just like the CCM vintage jerseys of prior years.

Only in his last year there.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

7 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Only in his last year there.

No, his last two. They first wore the blues with the tie-downs for the 97-98 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm guessing this is an "authentic" line of throwbacks? Looks like they all have fight straps. 

The detail on the collar of the Howe jersey is cool. 

The Coyotes' collar is the modern one, not the collar of the 90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm guessing this is an "authentic" line of throwbacks? Looks like they all have fight straps. 

The detail on the collar of the Howe jersey is cool. 

The Coyotes' collar is the modern one, not the collar of the 90s.

The Coyotes one is called Authentic Heritage and the others are Authentic Heroes of Hockey Throwback.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Everything is so out of proportion on that Penguins jersey that it's making me twitchy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

49 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Everything is so out of proportion on that Penguins jersey that it's making me twitchy.

Agreed. There's 3 glaring mistakes on it. 

1. The thinner sleeve stripes 

2. Super wide hem stripes

3. Elongated sleeve numbers instead of the flatter ones

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
On November 14, 2018 at 2:16 PM, johnnysama said:

20423.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 11/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, Zeus89725 said:

Something looks off about that jersey, and I don’t mean the design. Can’t put my finger on it, though. 

As an aside, I was playing in a hockey tournament in the late 90’s, and the pro shop in the rink had so many of those Isles jerseys that they couldn’t sell. I mean full racks of them. They were having a promotion where if you bought the home for $60, you would get the away one for free. I hated those jerseys, but I kick myself for not getting in on that deal every time I look back on it. 

1 hour ago, BelfourThibault said:

Something looks off about that jersey, and I don’t mean the design. Can’t put my finger on it, though. 

As an aside, I was playing in a hockey tournament in the late 90’s, and the pro shop in the rink had so many of those Isles jerseys that they couldn’t sell. I mean full racks of them. They were having a promotion where if you bought the home for $60, you would get the away one for free. I hated those jerseys, but I kick myself for not getting in on that deal every time I look back on it. 

I was 11 years old and my local pro shop had a rack of clearance jerseys with the ducks wild wing jersey and Canucks red/black gradient in there. $30...11 year old me messed up

4 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

The crest looks too flat. I'm not convinced it's embroidered.

66NxqrV.png

Look at the difference

Pf5vVFx.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived