Redesign of the Miami Marlins Redesign

seasaltvanilla

This is definitely a hell of a lot better than what we got! Love the scripts and placket piping on the alternates. A few suggestions:

- I'd like to see a blue cap with black bill and squatchee, perhaps replacing the black cap w/ blue bill as the primary cap and pairing the black cap w/ blue bill with the black alt. 

- For the blue alt, I'd put the cap logo on the chest like on the real version. 

- Could we see non-angled numbers?

Thanks for the comments! Requested changes below. There is not a non-slanted version of the number font (Harlow Solid) so I had to fake it with Skew Transform, which might create some weird distortion. Kept the black jersey as is as it's supposed to lean really heavily into the neon Miami nights vibe--essentially the "City Edition."

hUAKKwL.png

h2yJqkf.png

QiQZqfx.png

9le4uvI.png

YaBbl2M.png

Suprisely I’ll take what we got, not to say yours is bad, if you showed me this before hand as a concept that wasn’t based on what they are trying. Then it works, and works well. But I like their font better tbh the numbers and stuff seem super minor league, I like the more usuage of blue, especially your recent blue and black jerseys, but the blue hats the miss along with the blue wordmarks, I love the neon vibe the real versions have and this ruins that. The logo is a downgrade for me personally. Overall it’s a good design just not good for the Marlins I guess.

Edits: The piping however is a much needed improvement along with the front numbers!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

It looks great, but I have one question. Where'd the tail go?

I felt it muddled up the design without really adding anything important. One of the things I focused on with my cap logo versus the original is improved legibility at small sizes. Either the tail goes over the M and breaks up the shape, or it goes behind the M and just adds extra noise.

High praise coming from you Mr. Sweitz! I personally like the black caps better as well but realistically the team could mix and match. One drawback to the teal caps is the white M is outside the blue-red-black color palate, although I can see the appeal of that as it kind of recalls the original Florida Marlins color scheme. A red M looks garish on the blue and a black M reduces that legibility. Figured it was okay on the blue chest logo since it's bigger, but on a cap an all-black logo is too muddled.

Also here's another idea for how to pull off the lights at night look with the black jersey while still being functionally legible. Very intentionally supposed to look like a neon sign (forgive the imperfect Pen tool work I am not skilled enough to match the font exactly.).

oHi7qTa.png

7 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

High praise coming from you Mr. Sweitz! I personally like the black caps better as well but realistically the team could mix and match. One drawback to the teal caps is the white M is outside the blue-red-black color palate, although I can see the appeal of that as it kind of recalls the original Florida Marlins color scheme. A red M looks garish on the blue and a black M reduces that legibility. Figured it was okay on the blue chest logo since it's bigger, but on a cap an all-black logo is too muddled.

Also here's another idea for how to pull off the lights at night look with the black jersey while still being functionally legible. Very intentionally supposed to look like a neon sign (forgive the imperfect Pen tool work I am not skilled enough to match the font exactly.).

oHi7qTa.png

This looks great! I'd add that inner neon light line to the front number and cap logo for consistency. 

Archived