Nike creates real crossover football jersey for Spurs, Chelsea, Barca

BJ Sands

24 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Meh. Wish they had used Spurs' proprietary font.

It's good that the shirt has only the Tottenham logo on it, not the sponsor's. Perhaps this will awaken some English football supporters to grasp how absurd it is that the largest single thing on a normal football shirt is an advertisement, and to understand that the only logo that belongs on a shirt is the team's crest.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

As a fan of both the Premier League and the NFL, I absolutely love this concept. But it looks like they slapped a Chelsea logo on a Giants jersey and only got a little more creative with the Spurs one. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's good that the shirt has only the Tottenham logo on it, not the sponsor's. Perhaps this will awaken some English football supporters to grasp how absurd it is that the largest single thing on a normal football shirt is an advertisement, and to understand that the only logo that belongs on a shirt is the team's crest.

I'm sure it's not a popular opinion around here but I'd rather have players running around with a giant ad on their shirts than cut away from the game every minute and a half for a commercial break.  

10 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It won't

I love the look of it. If Tottenham was a team, I imagine that this would be their look.

I wonder if their new stadium has anything to do with it. They have opened up a lot to the American market (Ted Lasso, this jersey, etc.) and that may be because their new stadium is going to host NFL games, and a possible team in the future. Heck, their stadium is almost purpose-built for American football (with the dual field system). I think that there is a very specific reason behind this push.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Nice to see Nike found a use for those leftover mid-2000s era Penn State jerseys.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

As a fan of both the Premier League and the NFL, I absolutely love this concept. But it looks like they slapped a Chelsea logo on a Giants jersey and only got a little more creative with the Spurs one. 

Whoa!  I hadn't seen the Chelsea jersey.  I really dig it. 

body-nfl-spurs-chelsea-shirts-min.jpg

I wish they would allow a choice of players, including former greats.  I'd pick one up for Lampard or Drogba.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Meh. Wish they had used Spurs' proprietary font.

I'm guessing since they're doing this for Chelsea too they're following the old, "Everybody gets the same look across the board" rule rather than offering team specific patterns or striping. Has a Man City shirt popped up yet? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived