New Bank of America logo

Waffles

Even though I have relatives at a rival company, this is a solid upgrade. The mismatching line lengths always bugged me. As for the color backgrounds, I'd assume they'd outline it like the previous logo.

This is utterly perfect. I'm in love with that font. And love the evolution of the logo into a cleaner, better designed version of what's a very recognizable logo.

Do think that they should simply invert the red stripes to white when placing the logo on a red background. That would better maintain the flag motif and look more attractive. But I get why they do it the way they do - having a consistent logo design regardless of background is important from a branding perspective. A sports team can easily invert colors based on background, but it's rare to see a company do it.

When was the last time a redesign went from all lowercase or proper case to all caps?  

Depending on what they were going for, I really like this.  As mentioned, the font is very nice, very professional, and makes the bank seem like a serious bank and major player, rather than an internet bank or just a place for an individual to get a checking account.

I might tighten the kerning, but that's about all I'd change.  I'm curious to see how they work it against different backgrounds.  I think the entire flag shoudl be enclosed in white, so that it's a singular piece against dark backgrounds, rather than each stripe remaining individual.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, keynote said:

Before someone responds with a "why don't you ask Dee?", here's the answer:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bofa

For some context, I'm currently in high school, so I'm all caught up on Bofa, Ligma, Sugma, Sugondese, Ardee's, Parody, Saw Con, Rhydon, and all of the other variants. Thank you for your help though.

tinysig.jpg

The new logo is cleaner.  But I suspect that the old logo was intended to depict dimension that supports multiple readings: rolling pastures and farmland; intersecting roads; a woven tapestry; etc.  The flatness of the new logo sacrifices those connotations for the sake of visual clarity.  A fine tradeoff, I suppose, but a tradeoff nonetheless.

5 hours ago, keynote said:

The new logo is cleaner.  But I suspect that the old logo was intended to depict dimension that supports multiple readings: rolling pastures and farmland; intersecting roads; a woven tapestry; etc.  The flatness of the new logo sacrifices those connotations for the sake of visual clarity.  A fine tradeoff, I suppose, but a tradeoff nonetheless.

This is why I’m not crazy about the new logo. The increased white space destroys the allusion for me. It’s just a bunch of neatly organized lines now.

8 hours ago, keynote said:

Before someone responds with a "why don't you ask Dee?", here's the answer:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bofa

Video games are dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^It's a definite upgrade for sure, but slight enough that this will be one of those logos that people who don't pay attention will accidentally use the old one. Like the Minnesota Vikings/Carolina Panthers of bank logos. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 11/18/2018 at 2:15 AM, keynote said:

agreed. the logo seemed to have a concept, a reason driving the visuals. now, its more of an abstract version of the flag but maybe it still works? i mean, you dont look at that icon and say “yes thats the flag”, you know theres still something going on there and the logical conclusion must be a weaving pattern. its good they kept the shapes and overall idea; it says “america” while also being ownable and recognizable. its really a solid mark

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived